Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Gift Certificate Issues

I full well know it is something I am doing wrong but after fiddling with it for 3 hours I am breaking down and asking :)

The Module for Gift Certificates is enabled under Orders...and I set up the Gift Certificate. I assume I have done something wrong in one of those 2 steps but cant figure out what.

I created a category names Gift Certificates.
    Within that category I have a product named Gift Certificate
    Here's my settings...

Product Status = In Stock
    Date Available = EMPTY
    Manufacturer = EMPTY
    Product Name = GIFT ART2_5
    Product Free = No
    Call for Price = No
    Priced by Attributes = No
    Tax Class = None
    Products Price = 2.50
    Gross = 2.5
    Product is Virtual = Yes
    Always Free Shipping = Special, Product/Download Combo (I use this because I don't like the Free Shipping tag as all my stuff is virtual and thought customers would get confused...although for this I did try Yes, Always Free as well and it didn't solve the problem.
    Products Quantity Box Shows = Yes
    Product Qty Minimum = 1
    Max = 0
    Units = 1
    Product Qty Min/Unit= Yes
    Put in a description...and a thumb.

When I purchase the certificate the e-mail I get just shows like its a regular file..not a certificate at all and nothing shows in my Gift Certificate Que.

In the orders Module under Order Total Modules it says Gift Certificates ot_gv and these are the settings:

Gift Certificates

This module is installed
    true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases
    true

Include Shipping
    true

Include Tax
    false

Re-calculate Tax
    None

Tax Class
    --none--

Credit including Tax
    false

Not sure what I am doing wrong but wondering if its a setting somewhere else that is doing it I do have my order status set to show as delivered and not processing after going to paypal as all my stuff is virtual and paypal as payment method...so not sure if that is messing it up but as I don't have to wait for anything I wanted people to realize they had a zip there and not be confused by the "processing" status.

Hope that all makes sense. Any help someone could give would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :)

HUGS!!

ann :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate Issues

You know sometimes you have to type it all out to see how dumb you are ROFL..I read and re-read everything and for some reason EVERYTIME I read about calling it GIFT I read it as Product name---GRRRR DUUUUUUH LOL MODEL it has to be under MODEL!!! HAHAH ok sorry I knew it was me so I guess I know where inlies my boo boo now :)

HUGS!!

Plugin Contributions

LOL yep that fixed it but I do notice one odd thing that maybe someone knows how to fix....

When I tried to send the gift certificate to someone it says this:

Dear Michelle -----,

You have been sent a Gift Certificate worth $2.50 by Michelle -----
    Ann says:
    Here's a Gift Certificate for you!

Why does it say she has been sent a $2.50 Gift Certificate by herself? Shouldn't that read my name? So shouldnt it say:

You have been sent a Gift Certificate worth $2.50 by Ann -----

Sorry to ask but that seems like I bought something from inside her account...instead of sending it from mine to hers...which is strange and may cause alarm. The person I am sending it to is an actual customer and I am logged in as me obviously not her so I am a bit perplexed LOL (although we can see that doesn't take much LOL)

HUGS!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update ... that will be a real help to others who also need the coder's new glasses perscription ...

I also tend to read that way at times ... so you are not alone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Gift Certificate Issues

hi ann,

earlier in this thread you mentioned a setting for your Gift Certificate:

Always Free Shipping = Special, Product/Download Combo (I use this because I don't like the Free Shipping tag as all my stuff is virtual and thought customers would get confused...although for this I did try Yes, Always Free as well and it didn't solve the problem.

I would also like to avoid the free shipping tag (seems redundant/confusing for a GC)....Could you explain the "Special, Product/Download Combo" setting? How did you create this option?

sincerely,
    james

Plugin Contributions

Re: Gift Certificate Issues

Well I didn't create it, I just used it to solve the problem of the big FREE SHIPPING sign at the top. (It's the sewcond shipping option atleast in the newest version of zencart) I did read here that there were other ways to get rid of that...but this has thus far been the easiest solution for me. In honesty I dont exactly know what the option means but it did work for my purposes

That probably didn't help much but as I am still learning...I dont know enough to help much LOL...sorry...

Anyone know about the other problem with the name when you transfer the certificate though? Still cant figure that one out LOL

HUGS!!

ann
    Last edited by ann0314; 20 May 2006 at 06:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

A few problems from v1.3.0 with displaying the wrong sender/receiver information on the gift certificate emails were fixed in v1.3.0.1

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem as Ann was having with Gift Certificates not appearing in the queue when purchased. I have a category called Gift Certificates and products within that category following this infomation:

Products Name: £10 Voucher
    Product is free: No
    Call for price: No
    Attributes: No
    Price (Net): 10.00
    Virtual: Yes, skip shipping address
    Always free shipping: Yes
    Quantity box shows: Yes
    Qty Min: 1
    Qty Max: 0
    Qty Units: 1
    Qty Min/Unit Mix: Yes
    Products Quantity: blank
    Products model: GIFT-10 (as per instructions)

In my Module for Gift Certificates we have:
    Installed: true
    Sort Order: 840
    Queue purchases: true
    Re-calculate tax: none
    Credit including tax: false

My only payment option is Paypal. It all goes through fine, accepts the money but then nothing shows up on the customer's "My Account" page and nothing appears in the admin gift certificate queue.

Any suggestions?
    Jemma

Plugin Contributions

Turn off the Always Free Shipping ... this is not for Gift Certificates ... just the GIFTXXX for the products_model and the Product is Virtual YES ...

What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I've changed Always Free Shipping to "No, normal shipping rules" but it still doesn't work. I think this may be an IPN problem though as I tried a Test Product that worked last month, and that order didn't appear now either. Very frustrating! I've gone through ALL the Paypal troubleshooting steps suggested by Merlin to no avail. I'll go and solicit some suggestions on a Paypal thread. Thanks anyway, Linda
    Jemma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast