Plugin Contributions

Payment Processing Setup

Based on this question it will be obvious this is my first Zen Cart installation-

Could someone please provide some resources or an overview of what needs to be done to accept payments (primarily CC) using Zen Cart? What is the recommended Payment Gateway? I found information in the documentation to install Paypal and noticed you can install Authorize.net in the admin section. I also found that Zen Cart recommends LinkPoint® Secure Payment Gateway.

I'm guessing I need to create an account with one of these companies and then install a module????

Can someone briefly explain these items from admin/modules/payments
    Authorize.net
    Authorize.net (AIM)
    Credit Card
    Cash on Delivery
    The Zen Cart FREE CHARGE CARD
    Check/Money
    Paypal IPN

Also, once you have Payment Processing setup, can you test this by creating orders and then deleting them them from the Admin/Customers page?

thanks

S.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Processing Setup

Hi Twitchylegs,

You will need a payment gateway and also a merchant account, unless you already have that. I use authorize.net and have been happy with their service so far. I'm not exactly sure what all the other payment options are, but i use authorize.net (AIM) in my setup. If you contact authorize.net, they can help you out with setting it up and everything. Hope this is a little help, i know i didn't answer all your ?'s, but hopefully at least got you started in the direction you want to go

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment Processing Setup

first 2 use Authorize.net system, you'll need have a merchant account to use them.
    credit card module is to store cc information in database and charge the credit card by yourself manually, but you'd better use ssl when using this module.
    cash on delivery... you understand what's this.
    check/money, send the check or money order
    paypal, using the paypal system recieve payment, the easiest but i dont like it well.

hope is help for you