Plugin Contributions

Default Emailed User Info

I'm running Zen-Cart and PHPBB on a site. As you know, Zen Cart has the ability to create the PHPBB user account when the Zen-Cart account is created. The problem is that only the Zen-Cart information is emailed to the user.

I want to combine the PHPBB account creation email with the Zen-Cart account creation email form so the user receives their PHPBB infomation and Zen-Cart information all in one email.

I've combined the template files, but now I need to find the phpbb php code to add.

Any help would be great.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emailed User Info

I don't recall exactly what the contents of the phpBB welcome email are, but I suspect the only content that might be user-specific would be the nickname (forum username).

You could easily add the welcome text to the Zen Cart email and dump in the "customers_nick" value .... using the components in the create_account process.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that would work. All I want to do is include their Forum Nick Name so they have all the login info for the site.

But, what/where is the account creation "customer_nick" or what ever I'd need to include?

Would it go in the emailed template file? And/Or somewhere else?

Thanks for all your help!!!!

Plugin Contributions

what is the actual code to display the customers nick name?

my aim is to include the name (no link..nothing) just the name to appear in the my account page

thanxs