Plugin Contributions

Default Getting Rid of Surplus Navigation

Hi

As you can see from the above photo, when I click on an item in a category, there are two lots of navigation at the top of the screen.

Firstly, in grey there is glass jar candles and candle tins - which are the two categories I have so far, and secondly there is a pathway showing how I got to the product I'm looking at, ie home:: glass jar candles :: etc.

I really would like to get rid of these as there is no need to have them when the categories are clearly shown on the box on the left.

Have had a look..but can't find it?

Secondly, the picture of the candles, which is the category picture, and not the individual item picture is far too small. I uploaded bigger pictures to see if it would help and also looked on images in admin and played with a few settings there but don't seem to be able to find the correct setting to make that picture a bit bigger.

Any help gratefully received!

Nat

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting Rid of Surplus Navigation

sorted the "breadcrumb" thing and also the grey text so only have a problem with the image size now.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Have you messed with config/images/

Category Icon Image Width - Product Info Pages
    Category Icon Image Height - Product Info Pages

Plugin Contributions

I think so, but I'll double check.

Don't suppose, while I've got your attention...you know how to centre my logo at the top of my page do you?

Nat

Plugin Contributions

yep - i changed those settings as that picture is still tiny. Funnily enough, a different picture, of different objects has come out larger.

www.scentifique.co.uk - take a look at glass jar candles, the snap clasp jar pic is tiny, but the apoth jar candle pic is perfect.

Nat

Plugin Contributions

You are using a combination of the new and old style sheets where some settings are taken over by the other stylesheet.

It would be in your interest to setup a style based upon only the template_default stylesheet. you can create it with any name you want edit the tmplate_info.php associated with it and enable it in your admin. Then you can switch between them if you want.

Doing this based on template_default is recommended for new installs and foe future compatibility.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea what you just said, but it sounds complicated. I think I'm going to need to pay someone to help me out with this, I have so much to do and so little experience that I'm just going round in circles and it's taking up so much time that I don't have!

I did notice, that whilst following other people's instructions, I had to visit different CSS files because what I was looking for wasn't where I'd expect it to be. So far, everything I did works fine and I'm now reading other threads on how to center the logo, but each thing I've tried isn't doing the job.

Plugin Contributions

OK - here's the code:

</tr>
    </table>
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="header">
    <tr><!-- All HEADER_ definitions in the columns below are defined in includes/languages/english.php //-->
    <td valign="middle" align="center" height="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT; ?>" width="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH; ?>">
    <?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT) . '</a>'; ?>
    </td>

</tr>
    </table>
    <?php
    if (isset($_GET['error_message']) && zen_not_null($_GET['error_message'])) {
    ?>
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
    <tr class="headerError">
    <td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($_GET['error_message'])); ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <?php
    }
    if (isset($_GET['info_message']) && zen_not_null($_GET['info_message'])) {
    ?>
    <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
    <tr class="headerInfo">
    <td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($_GET['info_message']); ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <?php

see - i put the center align in (as read in another post) and deleted the whole section on sales messages (as read in another post) To be on the safe side, I loaded this file into template_default AND the classic template - and the logo is STILL shoved over to the left and uncentered.

Plugin Contributions

OK. I fixed the logo thing and here's how I got it to work:

Copy tpl_header.php from templates/template_default/common to templates/your_template/common.

Now edit this file so that line 72, which looks like:

Code:
    <td valign="middle" height="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT; ?>" width="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH; ?>">
    to:

Code:
    <td valign="middle" align="center" height="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT; ?>" width="100%">
    In the above I added:
    align="center"
    to center the image horizontally, and changed:
    width="<?php echo HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH; ?>"
    to:
    width="100%"

just in case you may have changed the width of a side box (as I have).

taken from another post so huge thanks to the person who wrote this.