Plugin Contributions

Anyone still have the Fedex module?

As per several threads I found, I sent an email to Merlin requesting the Fedex shipping module. However, I apparently sent this on the day he decided to quit supporting Zen Cart (I just found that thread today) so I guess I was too late, as I have yet to hear back from him.

So, is there any other way to get that module? Does anyone happen to have a copy of the latest version you can send me? We're setting up a ZC (1.3.0.1) installation for a customer who insists that Fedex is the only way he wants to ship his products.

Thanks in advance.

---Jamin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Anyone still have the Fedex module?

I have it. Just PM me or whatever and I can email it to you. I got it from Merlin earlier this month. I have not fully tested it yet but it seems to work fine. Still getting used to Zen. I have a shop on a different MAXed out version of osc but from what I can see, Zen seems to be the better cart. Just going to have to get used to the Zen structure instead of BTS. I will make the migration complete hopefully sometime very soon. Hats off to the dev team. You guys are great!!!

Plugin Contributions

Actually, you will have to email Merlin for the contrib as I do not have authorization to distribute the module. He will get to you. Make sure your spam filters are allowing his email to come through.

Plugin Contributions

K, I'll email him again and see if he'll send it. Maybe it just slipped through the cracks last time.

Thanks.

---Jamin

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps it's about time the Zen Cart development team consider at minimum providing Fedex, USPS and UPS as part of the standard installation.

Plugin Contributions

If Fedex is so picky that they'll only let one person distribute the mod, and only then if you have to email him directly to get it, I sincerely doubt they'll let the ZC team include it in the base package. But you're right, it would be nice, wouldn't it? :)

---Jamin

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola
    Perhaps it's about time the Zen Cart development team consider at minimum providing Fedex, USPS and UPS as part of the standard installation.
    I don't use the Fedex module but from merlin's posts he has made it clear that zencart cannot include it in the core code because it is Open Source and thus, makes the integration with their system very transparant. Apparently it is a security thing. Therefore, unless Fedex changes their ways (not zencart), it cannot and will not become a part of the core code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bhejr
    Actually, you will have to email Merlin for the contrib as I do not have authorization to distribute the module. He will get to you. Make sure your spam filters are allowing his email to come through.
    Hi, i have been looking for this too. Is Merlin on this system and if so, which one?

Thanks,
    sach

Plugin Contributions

Can someone PM me Merlin's e-mail address? My client just asked that I add FedEx to their shop, and I have no idea how other than this post.

Plugin Contributions

check his website http://www.camelot-hosting.com/. it's merin at that domain. he is very nice about it.