Plugin Contributions

404 Page Not Found Error

I posted this in the "Customizing Admin Forum" but didn't get any help. Actually this question is worded better. (I think so anyway)

When logging into Admin I get the following error at the top of the page with a 404 page not found error. Yet the page loads just fine.

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/index.php?zenAdminID=zenidhere
    was not found on this server.
    I also get a similar error when doing work within various pages on the admin side. Again, the page loads ok, just the error at the top.

In addition the crazy error shows up on invoices.

Any ideas?

Jacque

Just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous.

Plugin Contributions

Re: 404 Page Not Found Error

I'm getting closer, it seems that something in my .htaccess is balled up. Per a suggestion I changed it and now get...

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.
    Apache Server at Port 80
    At least it isn't listing the url anymore, but it still shows on my invoices.

No errors are being shown on the web server error log.

My techsupport.php can be found at http://www.freshabundance.com/zc_support/

Any help would be appreciated, this crazy message doesn't look too good on my invoices.

jacque

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 404 Page Not Found Error

I'm convinced it's your host.
    Are you really with hostgator?
    Are they giving you ad-supported hosting?
    Even your "store"-area pages have a bunch of spaces and blank lines at the top of the browser source. Unless you've modified your template files to do that, I'd blame the hosting configuration.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Hosting Error?

I'm pretty sure it's them too. After creating a support ticket, having them close it on me without resolution (multiple times) I whined enough to get the following message from them.

Hello,

We have reviewed the server and unable to determine the issue. This has to be an issue with the script itself. I checked the errors logs and it is not reporting any 404 errors. This could mean that the script is attempting to pull data from a remote site. We recommend contacting the developers so they can explain what is happening with the script.

root@gator26 [~]# tail -n 1000 /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log |grep fresh
    root@gator26 [~]#

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    Josh

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: DFW-263126
    Department: Level 2 Support
    Nothing has been installed or modified at all in the past 6+ months. The error appreared out of the blue.

I really am with HG *without* ad-supported hosting. I have one of their more expensive plans with my own SSL Certificate.

I've gotten little to no support from them. It's more than a little frustrating.

{sigh}

Plugin Contributions

This is still giving me grief. Is it possible that I need to edit or look for something in applicationtop or configure.php?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Try installing a FRESH copy of your Admin files to another folder ... called "myadmin" or something.

Then copy ONLY the admin/includes/configure.php file to the "myadmin" area, after updating the paths inside it from '/admin/' to /myadmin/ etc

Be sure to upload the same "version" of admin files as you have on your server (1.3.0 to 1.3.0 or 1.2.7 to 1.2.7 etc) ... and get that "fresh" copy directly from our downloads area.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I'll give it a shot. Where can I get a copy of 1.2.6 installation?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Everything's on Sourceforge, which you can access via the link at the top of this page (Get Zen Cart)

The v1.2.x area is accessible that way, or by clicking here