Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Payment method for diffrent product

Hi,

i need newbie help with configuring the payment methods. i looked everywhere, but can't quite understad how it works

my question:

i want to sell CD's and mp3 (dowload)
    i want CD's payment method "invoce" and "pay pal"
    i want mp3 payment method to be only "pay pal"

i know it must be possible, but i don't understand how!
    (i understood that i have to set the product to be a "virtual product")

thanks in advanced!

gu

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment method for diffrent product

You can't link payment methods to the product types - at least not without some significant custom coding.
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

Re: Payment method for diffrent product

I, too, want to link payment methods to product types -- or, better still, to specific products. Who is up for quoting the task?

I'm running ZC 1.3.0 / Linux 2.4.22 / PHP 4.4.2 / MySQL 4.1.13 ... email or PM me if you want additional details for quote.

Feel free to preview the work in progress at https://shedkitz.com

Plugin Contributions

What happens when I choose different products that each have a different payment type?

Plugin Contributions

Obviously, differently-payment-moduled products cannot occupy the same cart simultaneously. This would be spelled out in the products descriptions.

Specifically, there are two product types: Shed Kit Packages and Other.

'Shed Kit Packages' are available COD only. Customer adds to cart and checks out, then the store owner contacts a distributor in the customer's locale; this distributor in turn arranges delivery and collects payment from customer, often using distributor's own finance company. (Several distributors, so Shed Kit Packages are categorised geographically.)

'Other' items are standard e-com fare: hard goods shipped from the store owner directly to the customer, no distributors in the middle. These items are available by PayPal or Credit Card (not COD).

Where the first product type is "shipped" prior to payment, the second is shipped after payment.

If all else fails, I can insert PayPal Buy-It-Now buttons in the Other items, price-by-attributes and make the attributes for display only. That would be sloppy, though, and probably wouldn't sell as well.

***phone # removed***

(Thanks for the speedy reply!)
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    What happens when I choose different products that each have a different payment type?
    Last edited by Kim; 31 May 2006 at 08:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

If I had to order twice from you and figure out what product could and could not be combined together to satisfy your Payment scheme ... I would pack up my credit card/PayPal and go shop somewhere else ... fast ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, it would be much cleaner to send customers through the checkout with select products (shed kit packages) tagged "pay later," their subtotals and taxes subtracted in the Order Total. What would it take to make that happen instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    If I had to order twice from you and figure out what product could and could not be combined together to satisfy your Payment scheme ... I would pack up my credit card/PayPal and go shop somewhere else ... fast ...

Plugin Contributions

... or is there an easier way to satisfy the need to limit DVD sales to cc/paypal while limiting sales of buildings to COD/pay-later? Am I overlooking something obvious?

Plugin Contributions

You could make it so that if a product is one that has to CC/Paypal ... then the order is flagged for the customer to explain this ... and all other payment methods are disabled ... or the other way ... where if they have to be COD then again the order is flagged ...

This would require some custom coding to mark the products by payment method and test on checkout etc.

Or if the items are really unrelated ... 2 sites are nice ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Linda. I consisdered the 2-site option, but the products ARE very closely related. One (the DVD) ships from a single location -- while the others (the buildings) are shipped -- and payment/financing arranged -- from any of a thousand locations across the US.

So if it's possible to hire/purchase some custom coding and achieve payment-method-limitation for one or more products, then I'd like to know
    1. if it can be achieved in the next week,
    2. what it would cost, and
    3. what restrictions, if any, would be placed on the custom code.

Sincerely,
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    You could make it so that if a product is one that has to CC/Paypal ... then the order is flagged for the customer to explain this ... and all other payment methods are disabled ... or the other way ... where if they have to be COD then again the order is flagged ...

This would require some custom coding to mark the products by payment method and test on checkout etc.

Or if the items are really unrelated ... 2 sites are nice ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast