Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payment method for diffrent product

Aha! A clue ...

You may PM me if you would like to discuss this further for your site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Re: Payment method for diffrent product

Excuse me for reviving this aging topic, but it's exactly what I want to talk about.

I want to add some low cost downloadable products (PDF files.)

I've got the download product working with a free PDF now.

Now... I realize... I have a problem.

We have a purchase order payment option on our site, and credit card.

We don't want a customer to be able to grab a download PDF at the end of checkout unless he's using a credit card. These are tests for teachers to use, we don't want students being able to grab them off the web, and requiring a $1 credit card charge should handle that. Not many middle school children have credit cards. (I think... it's been a while since I was in middle school... )

There seems to me a number of ways this issue could be handled.

I realize there could be too much complexity with a shopping cart that contains items with different types of payment. Also complexity with trying to prevent other types of items from being added to the shopping cart.

So, hmm, I'm pondering how this could be handled gracefully.

Worst case, I'd have to make a separate Zen Cart store just for these sorts of items... that is do-able, but also undesirable.

I would love to hear some smart ideas. We might be able to pay for a bit of custom coding, too. Maybe just the purchase order module needs to be modified so it can only apply to certain product types ... :shrug:

---Diana

Plugin Contributions

Do a check on what products are in the shopping cart ... if one of the key products is in there, create a function that restricts the payment module to not show ...

This can all be done with some custom coding and depending on how things are configured and how the products are setup, it might be able to be self learning as new products are added ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Do a check on what products are in the shopping cart ... if one of the key products is in there, create a function that restricts the payment module to not show ...

This can all be done with some custom coding and depending on how things are configured and how the products are setup, it might be able to be self learning as new products are added ...
    Any help on this?
    I have no chance to do this..

It's the same for me. I have mp3 downloads and cds.
    if there is a download in the cart, only paypal should be possible.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

I hired custom code to remove purchase order payment option when products of a certain type (downloads) were in the shopping cart. As it turned out, this was unecessary, and was due to my lack of understanding of how downloads work in ZC.

You can probably hire an experience ZC developer to do this for you in less than four hours' time, if that much, could be as little as two hours' work. I recommend Chris Eden of Absolute Programming, he did the work for me (if I'm allowed to recommend him in this forum.) Post your request in the Commercial Help Wanted forum and link to this thread.

Plugin Contributions

You mean this mate?
    http://www.absolute-solutions.co.uk/webdesign/

analographi,
    I can help you with this. Feel free to get in touch with me
    Tutorials on Zen Cart
    http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php
    ---------------
    advanced.programmer at gmail dot com
    In love with Zen Cart!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi guys.

------------------SOLUTION----------------

it's already in zen cart.

If you setup you payment module for say. check money order, set the default status to "pending".

Once a customer buys a virtual download he will get automaticaly a message from zen cart saying, that his download will be available only after payment has been received.

As soon as you put the order status und admin to "processing" the customers get a status change email. (customize this with the information that if status is "processing" the downloads are availabe in his account)

And so it is. as soon as you set "processing" the customer can log into his account and sees the download links there.

For paypal etc. you put processing in the default, so they can download immediatly..

That simple

All the best
    Raphael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12