Hi all...

I have installed zen-cart 1.3.0.1 running in a GNU/Centos server and up, I did the translation english to spanish because my native language is the spanish; but I got this troubles:

a) If use the enconding charset iso-8859-1 by default files, the specials charsets does not show propery, can't see acents, "ñ" and others in all website using html area from admin to add categories and new products.

b) I did configure this settings in spanish.php from catalog and admin files:

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'utf-8'); (also try with es_ES.ISO_8859-1)

and,

// Global entries for the <html> tag

define('HTML_PARAMS','dir="ltr" lang="es"');

// charset for web pages and emails

define('CHARSET', 'UTF-8');

and, not working propery yet.

So I did "save as" each file from the new language in utf-8 encoding charset, with this settings and after that, every thing works fine, I can see specials charsets on the website catalog, no problem to edit and add new products in admin area, and the specials charsets looks very good, (I mean latin americans charsets acents and "ñ")

But after fix all those, new problems became now...

Now, if a new customer sign up for a new account, and has at hotmail or msn webmail service, when the e-mail welcome it s sent, this new customer can not see the latin americans charsets propery, like acents or "ñ" but this happend only in these webmail services, not in yahoo mail or gmail or any others.

The same happend if a customer with hotmail or msn webmail services place a new order, when the e-mail order confirmation it s sent to customer, can not see the latin americans charsets propery like acents or "ñ" too.

And the last, if I try to send e-mail to all customers from the store, in the admin area send e-mail module, its the same, the customers has an hotmail or msn webmail service doesn t see the latinamericnas charsets, but this not happend with yahoo mail, gmail users webmail.

Do anybody has idea whats going on...?

Regards...

amarin