Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SSL from GoDaddy

Yes, prior to having an ssl certificate the option to use ssl was disabled. Now that you have ssl and you have enabled the use of ssl in those two files the important sections of your website should now show a padlock in the bottom browser bar. Go to Login and see if you get the padlock, and if you don't then post back here.

Vger
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysaat
    okay! I got it right (which files I mean). I have to wait until actual laptop is free to do testing. Hypothetically speaking would not having those things changed be the cause of my problem?

Plugin Contributions

Might want to do a search for godaddy - they have a quirky set up and you should find the changes in the archives.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTigger
    You can always do a re-install :) That'll get ya familiar with Zen Cart more as well. I probably did about 15 or 20 reinstalls before I got what I wanted.

LOL! Right now I am trying to dance around that flame. So far everything is kosher. One small exception with linkpoint but the weirdness with the SSL and the cart behavior is fixed.

Kim - my host company did have problems with that cert. They put it in and had to put it in weird to get it to cover what was necessary. Some stuff had to be undone by DrByte to get the cart to stop acting deaf. Now I have a copy of everything as it is now so I can revert to that when I make my next dumb move.

Plugin Contributions

Godaddy SSL require the intermediate certificate installed to play nice. I've heard of colleagues having the same problem on cpanel with the installation. On my Plesk Server the SSL installed fine if I add in the intermediate certificate.

The good news is you're getting a lot of experience with Zen Cart, which is always good
    Yeah! I'm small! I'm Fluffy! *Stick tongue out*

Plugin Contributions

If I remember correctly, when you purchase a certificate, it has to be "installed" somewhere. When you obtain a certificate (file), where should it be installed/ reside in the zencart file structure?

Also, if we are hosting the site ourselves, where do you recommend that you go to get a certificate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12