Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Improved Attributes Controller

Ditto for me too with this same Issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ss4ssstore View Post
    I am having the same problem... and I've tried Chris' fix, and the other fixes that I can find and nothing. It DOES show the multi box, but the *beep* thing just keeps putting in the default number 1 attribute over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrm View Post
    I'm having the same problem mentioned above only my options_values are being set to 0 on insert/copy. However, I can go back and edit each attribute individually, after it is inserted, and it will save the option value at that point. Is there maybe something different in the way the controller handles the "update" vs. "insert"/"copy"?
    Quote Originally Posted by katie929 View Post
    I have a problem ...

when I'm adding colors or sizes to a product using the new improved attributes controller ... all that comes out is this ...

Quote Originally Posted by LRS View Post
    I added the two bits of text shown in orange [i] where indicated above but it still puts option name value id 1 in every option name / option value combination I have tried.

When inserting an option name / option value combination for a product, the option value choices that show up to choose from are the ones that match the chosen option name (none of which are option value id 1), but once the insert button is clicked, it reverts to that pesky id 1 option value for every selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljdream00 View Post
    Ditto for me too with this same Issue.
    Try This - its working fine for me.

Just unzip the file and upload the attributes_controller.php file to the admin folder on your server. (This has all the "security patches" for version 1.3.7.1)

Attachment 2334
    Last edited by clydejones; 31 Dec 2009 at 02:31 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the file fix. I've been playing with it and here's what I discovered:

First of all, I had two other mods that altered the attributes controller - Dual Pricing and Gift Certificate Value Field

I started fresh with your edited file and added the Dual Pricing changes - everything worked fine.

Then, after adding the GC value code, the problem is back. I've posted this issue to that mods support thread - http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=406167 asking the writer if he has any clue what might be causing the problem.

I just wondered if maybe the others who are experiencing this problem are also using the GC Value mod.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post

Just unzip the file and upload the attributes_controller.php file to the admin folder on your server. (This has all the "security patches" for version 1.3.7.1)

Attachment 2334
    Thanks! That did it.

Plugin Contributions

thank you! it works!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LRS View Post
    Thanks! That did it.
    Ditto! Thanks very much for your effort, my life is now sooo much easier.

Plugin Contributions

Attachment 2334
    Clyde,
    I compared this attachment to the file in the downloads section, they are identical, so this is what I already have installed.
    It does not fix the problem for the randomization that occurs with the attributes when all set to sort order 0, it doesn't even sort them by ID, it's random.
    Now, this doesn't happen in Zen Cart's front end, where all attributes are nicely sorted, and they are also sorted in the standard attributes controller.php.
    So there is a flaw in the logic of this mod somewhere, I am not knowledgeable enough as of yet to delve into that.
    I guess that the only fix available to me at present is to manually sort all the attributes according to instructions given earlier by Ajeh in this same thread.
    Lastly, I've read somewhere that this mod can also do mass deletion of attributes, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to do that.
    Of course, mass insertion is done just by holding down the ctrl key, selecting and then pressing the insert button, but mass deletion??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    Clyde,
    I compared this attachment to the file in the downloads section, they are identical, so this is what I already have installed.
    It does not fix the problem for the randomization that occurs with the attributes when all set to sort order 0, it doesn't even sort them by ID, it's random.
    Now, this doesn't happen in Zen Cart's front end, where all attributes are nicely sorted, and they are also sorted in the standard attributes controller.php.
    So there is a flaw in the logic of this mod somewhere, I am not knowledgeable enough as of yet to delve into that.
    I guess that the only fix available to me at present is to manually sort all the attributes according to instructions given earlier by Ajeh in this same thread.
    Lastly, I've read somewhere that this mod can also do mass deletion of attributes, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to do that.
    Of course, mass insertion is done just by holding down the ctrl key, selecting and then pressing the insert button, but mass deletion??
    Strange: I have an option name called TEST (sort order 0) and option values test a, test b, test c (sort order 0 for all of them) and when I go to the attributes controller the first dropdown shows TEST where it should be (in the alphabetical listing) and the second dropdown shows test a, test b and test c in alphabetical order.

On deletions - If you go into the attributes controller and have already set up a product(s) with attributes you should see the product(s) with its list of attributes.
    At the top left portion of that section there is a delete button ("delete" YOUR_ATTRIBUTE_NAME:) that handles the multi-deletes.

Plugin Contributions

Strange: I have an option name called TEST (sort order 0) and option values test a, test b, test c (sort order 0 for all of them) and when I go to the attributes controller the first dropdown shows TEST where it should be (in the alphabetical listing) and the second dropdown shows test a, test b and test c in alphabetical order.

On deletions - If you go into the attributes controller and have already set up a product(s) with attributes you should see the product(s) with its list of attributes.
    At the top left portion of that section there is a delete button ("delete" YOUR_ATTRIBUTE_NAME:) that handles the multi-deletes.
    I'm afraid I won't be able to respond to first part of your post: I have already started the process of manually setting sort order for attributes.
    Regarding deletions: I was refering to selective mass deletions.
    Of course the delete button you refer to will delete all attributes, but suppose I just want to delete some attributes without going through the tedious process of reloading page every time.
    Something similar to the selective mass insertion that this mod allows me to do. Any suggestions on how to do that?
    Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

hello all,

Since I have the Dual Pricing mod, whenever I upload the attributes_controller.php file to my admin, I get problems with adding/copying attributes... so.. my question is, does anyone have the codes to add in this file rather than completely overwriting it?

I think this would help both mods to work without having the above problem.

Thanks a lot.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast