Plugin Contributions

Default Message in shopping cart... incentive to buy more?

OK, I know this has been asked before, but I can't seem to form the right words in a search to get it to come up, LOL.

I want there to be a simple spot for text on the shopping cart, where my client can enter any messages. Like right now, she's offering "Free shipping for orders over $50", and people won't know it unless they saw the note on the home page, OR if they put $50 in their cart. She wants them to be able to see this message (that she can adjust) when they're looking at the shopping cart.

I guess its pretty simple to do, to add a spot in the admin for it, add it to the database, and add it to the cart page... but I'm wondering if someone has already done something like this, OR if I'm missing a feature in Zen (I *STILL* find things I didn't know about). It's running 1.2.7.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Message in shopping cart... incentive to buy more?

I guess its pretty simple to do, to add a spot in the admin for it, add it to the database, and add it to the cart page... but I'm wondering if someone has already done something like this, OR if I'm missing a feature in Zen (I *STILL* find things I didn't know about). It's running 1.2.7.

Jade-

What you have described is exactly what you want to do, add a "defined page" to the shopping cart. Though there were other major changes to the Shopping Cart template, that is exactly what was done in v1.3. Hopefully you can use that as inspiration.