Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade to 1.3 - internal server error

Hello,

I have a live shop using ZenCart 1.2 at http://www.wantthelook.com
    I need to move this to a new host, and the client also wants to upgrade to 1.3

The plan is:

1. Get the same version of ZenCart installed on the new host's server.
    2. Import back-ups of the shop files & database to this installation.
    3. Upgrade this installtion to 1.3
    4. Amend DNS so the domain name points to the new server.

Stages 1 & 2 are done and the temp site is up & running as a version 1.2 installation on the new host's server. http://access.ahmmedia.com/~wtluser/

I've unpacked the full fileset .zip file to the new server, and now the 'Install directory exists' message appears in a red bar at the top of the home page.

If I try to go to the install directory, though, I get an Internal server error.
    The install directory is at http://access.ahmmedia.com/~wtluser/zc_install

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade to 1.3 - internal server error

Quote Originally Posted by spaxton
    If I try to go to the install directory, though, I get an Internal server error.
    Delete it (zc_install) via your FTP program or via ssh - the same way you uploaded the file(s).

CHris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Steve,
    To find out what exactly is causing the "internal" error, check the server's errorlog.

I also note on your live site that your customized manufacturer's sidebox is building links that say "main_page=conditions" ... I suggest you change that to "main_page=index" .... in the PHP that would be changing FILENAME_CONDITIONS to FILENAME_DEFAULT.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

cr33dog - thanks for the reply, but I'm not trying to delete the install dir - I need to access it to run the upgrade.

DrByte - The error log says:

<server-path-to-zen-dir>/zc_install/.htaccess: SecFilterEngine not allowed here

Is this helpful?

On the other point:
    I had edited the conditions, shipping policy etc to pull in text files, so the client could change them more easily. When he then asked for the manufacturer link to go to a 'staging' page with text about the manufacturer, rather than to the listing of that manufacturer's products, there was something (I can't remember what now) on the main template for the home page that he didn't want on these manufacturer pages, and he asked if they could be like the conditions page etc. So I just added a condition to the top of the conditions page to say 'if there's a manufacturer id in the HTTP_GET_VARS, pull in the text for that manufacturer's page instead of the text for the conditions page.

Thanks again
    Steve
    I can see that this isn't ideal as logically, the links to manufacturers should not be going via the conditions page. I could tidy this up by adding a 'load-manufacturer' page to separate the two features, but are you saying that using anything but main page = index might lead to problems.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - I misunderstood.

I'm sure Dr Byte is right (he's pretty much the man!) about the main=page= stuff.

For the 500 error, edit your zc_install/.htacess file - look for a line like:
    SecFilterEngine On

And change it to
    SecFilterEngine Off

Or vice-versa (or maybe just delete that line).

It has something to do with mod_security... You might search these fora for "mod security" - I just saw a few others have had issues with it...

HTH,
    Chris

Plugin Contributions

OK, cheers

I found the line
    SecFilterEngine off

I commented out that line and can now access the install page.

I get 1 warning on that page:

PHP open_basedir restrictions = /home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp

The server I'm moving to doesn't have ssh access - cpanel only, which I'm finding a bit strange, but the support staff are excellent, so my question is, what should I ask them to do to remove this error? I assume I need to add a path to the above list, but what path?

Thanks
    Steve

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

is the open-basedir restriction warning preventing you from installing?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    is the open-basedir restriction warning preventing you from installing?
    I had assumed the warning meant that I shouldn't attempt the upgrade, but since you posted that question I tried it and mainly it worked! Thanks.

There is an issue with the login page where I get some PHP warning messages, beginning with:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_BLOCKSblk_address_format_us.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wtluser/public_html/includes/templates/template_la/templates/tpl_login_default.php on line 184

(The other messages appear to stem from this one too)

It appears that DIR_WS_BLOCKS is not being translated to its value, but other directory locations defined in configure.php are being found correctly by other files.
    (The definition in configure.php appears to be correct - it has the same format as all of the others there).

Plugin Contributions

too bad we can't delete posts! :)

Chris
    Last edited by cr33dog; 28 May 2006 at 11:30 PM. Reason: too slow!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spaxton
    Warning: main(DIR_WS_BLOCKSblk_address_format_us.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wtluser/public_html/includes/templates/template_la/templates/tpl_login_default.php on line 184
    This is a result of your "template_la" template files containing old code.
    You need to merge your customizations from the "template_la" files with the newer "template_default" files.
    The "blocks" files were removed and recoded to run from various modules files. This affects address-book display pages, which is likely what you've customized, perhaps with an older mod, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast