Plugin Contributions

Default Affiliate Products listed in categories

I would like to add the image of affiliate products to my categories without each product having an add to cart icon.Or maybe instead of add to cart the icon might say click here ect. and it would take you to the affiliate page.Is there such a way of completing this project without much hard coding?I have other products of my own to sell besides the affiliates, so I don't want to globally turn off the add to cart icon.Thank You for any suggestions on this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Affiliate Products listed in categories

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    I would like to add the image of affiliate products to my categories without each product having an add to cart icon.Or maybe instead of add to cart the icon might say click here ect. and it would take you to the affiliate page.Is there such a way of completing this project without much hard coding?I have other products of my own to sell besides the affiliates, so I don't want to globally turn off the add to cart icon.Thank You for any suggestions on this issue.
    We have just begun to sell software as an affiliate also and I'd like to know how you set this up. Of course, right now all of our products are directed to Paypal but I need this particular software purchase to go to the Affiliate's page for payment. Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

I have been searching the forums for this as well. I went to add some related movie and music products from Amazon through their associate program and I couldn't figure out the best way to do this.

I don't want my customers adding the item to their cart. I want them to click on an amazon redirect so that they can check out there. (but only for certain products)

Is there a mod for this? anyone?

mafiasam

Plugin Contributions

I have implemented this in my store using the "Free Item" and "Call For Price" options in the product listing.

This works fine for me because I don't have any items that are call for price and I definitely don't have any free items. Basically this allowed me to set these items up so that no add to cart option was available and no price was set inside my store.

That way when I obtained the html (iframe from amazon.com) it had it's own price.

Now in order to keep the "It's Free" and "Call For Price" images and alternate text from showing up you basically have to do some editing which is fairly easy and can be accomplished completely within the template override system.

I don't have a lot of time right now to go into detail but I can list the files that I needed to change with a brief explanation.

english.php - contains the alternative text for the image - change these accordingly from both "it's free!" and "call for price" to nothing or whatever you like.

free.gif and call_for_prices.jpg
    - the images are in the template default images folder and you can basically upload a tiny replacement that will serve as an invisible placeholder or you can change this file and refer to your own images...

other_image_names.php - contains the reference to the images that are used for the product description for free and call for price products and can be found in the language files like english.php

these files are all in the includes folder and they do have parallel files in the admin/includes folders but I see no need to replace those right away if I am the only one looking at them.

Let me know if this makes any sense at all and you can take a look at my example affiliate item right here...
    Dino: The Essential Dean Martin from Amazon.com

Once I get the time I may build a little contribution which will automate this process. That may not be for quite some time. If you have any questions let me know.