Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Using Anchor Links in Ezpages

This is a curious one. I just created a dictionary of terms (A-Z) and included an alphabetical link bar at the top. I then linked the letter to an anchor in the html. So A links to the section which begins with A and so on.

Now this is a fairly routine exercise which I have done countless times on tons of sites. But the EZPages content is driven by the database, so clicking the anchor links takes you back to the index page of the site and not to the anchor section.

I don't want to hard code the database ID of the page (since it could change). So does anyone have any thoughts on how to get the anchor links working so they go to the correct anchor section? Target='self' DOES NOT work.

I am willing to bet this is so obvious it has completely escaped me - but then my excuse is it is late and I have had a very long day :)

That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using Anchor Links in Ezpages

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Plugin Contributions

What about setting up an iframe in the html area? You could set you list up in a separate html document... create it to match your current site background, then load it in with the iframe code.

Plugin Contributions

An iframe would probably do it but I don't like using them. Plus there would still be the problem of the path issue. I would have to use a full url instead of a realtive url for the anchor which is not ideal.

Surely there must be anohter way of doing this. Where is Dr B when you need him :)

Plugin Contributions

rather than anchors, why not use the chapters setting thats built into ez-pages.

Plugin Contributions

I'm still learning my way around zencart, however, below I have pasted a sample link. I haven't formatted the page to fit the iframe yet, but I loaded in my links page and have standard anchors set. I'm not using a full URL except to tell the iframe which page to load... The anchors work fine... perhaps I'm misunderstanding?

http://2ewenique.com/boutique/index....id=3&chapter=1

Anyway, Merlin you piqued my interest with the chapters setting, I'm going to look into that too.

Plugin Contributions

Welcome back Tony

I am not really up to speed on using EZPages/Chapters. Would you care to trot out an idiots guide explanation for me and others who have never used it before?

Much appreciated

@ 2Ewenique
    Whilst I can see where you are going with the IFrame I really don't want to use one because it is not search engine friendly and I don't like the way the scroll bars appear in the iframe section. Call me fussy but I prefer not to use frames or iframes. I don't even use flash unless I really have to LOL

JJ
    Last edited by JollyJim; 2 Jun 2006 at 04:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I don't blame you... I'm only using them as a work around... In my previous design, I had to incorporate emart cart into my website... it wasn't a very customizable cart, and it wasn't hosted on my site at all... I didn't want to deal with editing code everytime I entered a new item or changes prices... which was the only other way to put the cart into a custom site... it was messy... so I opted for frames and iframes to put everything together. It allowed me to use the main cart interface to add and delete items... and kept things relatively simple... I'm only using iframes for my guestbook, links page (temporarily), and perhaps to other pages I'm thinking about adding... but I'm going to try and avoid them for the most part, now that I don't have to use them...lol.

Plugin Contributions

Jolly,
    I know they work, but I dont have the foggiest how.
    You may wanna ask Kim or Linda on the chapters,

I know they are set up uing the chapters and the toc but other than that NO clue

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    Jolly,
    I know they work, but I dont have the foggiest how.
    You may wanna ask Kim or Linda on the chapters,

I know they are set up uing the chapters and the toc but other than that NO clue
    Thanks Tony

Your suggestion takes me one step closer to a working solution - figuring out how may take a while.

Good to see you back on the forums again

JJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast