Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default changing font color

I have been trying to figure this out all day long and have the biggest headache from it....I finally updated the version of zen-cart for one of my clients and I can NOT figure out the stylesheet. His background on his whole site is black, but when i put black into the store, the text is all black (like on all the product listing info) and I cannot find ANYWHERE to change it! Can someone please help me out!?

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: changing font color

Perhaps adding/changing it in the BODY class would work? Without seeing the site or the stylesheet it is hard to tell for sure.

Plugin Contributions

the site is www.apparitionink.com/catalog (it is really ugly right now because i can't get the store header to work for some reason)

and i tried to attatch the stylesheet but when i copied and pasted it-it was to long and then i tried attatching it and it wasn't in the right format (it was saved as stylesheet.css) any other suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

I don't mean to be rude, but if you can't figure something that simple out, then I think you should employ someone to make changes to your site. You will no doubt get into heaps of trouble and end up wasting heaps of your time trying to solve the errors you are going to encounter in the future.

the file is.

includes/templates/my_template/css/stylesheet.css

you need to edit the first line of that file. Currently it says:

Code:
    body { 
    font-size: 62.5%; margin: 0px; color: #000000; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: #000000 
    }
    if you want to keep the black background then change the value of color:

if you want to keep the black text then change the value of background-color:

Plugin Contributions

i got it figured out-when i first uploaded the css form somehow the part about the text got deleted-which is why i couldn't find it. and i don't need to hire someone to do my site---but thanks for the suggestion :)

Plugin Contributions

drstuey says

the file is.

includes/templates/my_template/css/stylesheet.css
    I found the file with that code in /includes/template/template_default/css/

What I'm trying to do is a text colour change, and save in my overides. Is that the file I should be using (/includes/template/template_default/css/), and, when edited, by my (limited) understanding, the overide should then go to drstuey's recommended directory?

......and regarding this:

I don't mean to be rude, but if you can't figure something that simple out, then I think you should employ someone to make changes to your site.
    Maybe some of us enjoy messing about, and if we do screw up, we have back ups to fix our oops's. I personally make lotsa booboos, but enjoy getting it right (eventually)

Plugin Contributions

The safest thing to do is copy the file from /template_default/ to /your_template/, and then make your changes. That way you don't risk inadvertently saving changes in default and wiping out the original.

Plugin Contributions

That's wot i normally do - so - I'll copy that template_default/css file, do my remote edit, and upload to includes/templates/my_template/css

and Voila?

Plugin Contributions

case history

All kinds of things happened to my site (not by doing this mod), so I restored from backup, and tried to change my font colour by doing the following:

I made a copy of /includes/template/template_default/css/stylesheet.css and edited it to read:

body {
    margin: 0;
    font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 62.5%;
    color: #336633;
    background-color: #e5edf5;
    }
    and uploaded to /includes/templates/my_template/css/stylesheet.css.

My font is still black. I am also using a Dezina template which has a stylesheet2.css file, so I changed the colour there and uploaded the change. My font is still black, but the navbar has now changed colour.

Surely a simple change like this should be simple. It's almost as bad as fixing cars (my old profession) - you just stay clean and drink a lot more coffee.

Plugin Contributions

My font is still black. I am also using a Dezina template which has a stylesheet2.css file, so I changed the colour there and uploaded the change. My font is still black, but the navbar has now changed colour.
    I busied myself in other areas and came back to checking changes I had made. Everything's gone green the way I wanted it, so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast