Thread: Quick Updates

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Quick Updates

Hi folks
    I have just downloaded the Quick Update mod from the downloads section, installed it onto my v1.3.0.1 server, run the sql script, configured the bits in admin on what i would like to be able to edit.

BUT when i try to use the Quick Updates from the Catalog menu, no matter what category i select from my store no products are listed. I have checked the readme file included with the mod on the usage - but there is no info - can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Updates

Jayson how did you get the SQL bit to go right?

I got this when I went to 'Install SQL Patch' - Browsed, found the right file and uploaded:

INSERT INTO configuration_group (`configuration_group_id`, `configuration_group_title`, `configuration_group_description`, `sort_order`, `visible`) VALUES ('300', 'Quick Updates', 'Here you can configure what you will be able to modify in Quick Updates.', '300', '1');
    1062 Duplicate entry '300' for key 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO HODLLC_configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) VALUES ('300', 'Quick Updates', 'Here you can configure what you will be able to modify in Quick Updates.', '300', '1');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Did everything upload fine for you? Is there a permission somewhere you changed? For the life of me honestly I cannot tell if there is an extra blank space in the SQL thing.

Plugin Contributions

The sql script went okay for me, as did the file uploads BUT the module is not working as I do not see any items to update?

Plugin Contributions

hmmm... which zip file do you have and where'd you get it?? My zip file's name is Quick_Updates_1.3 and I think I got it at ZenPortali. Maybe we have the wrong files?

I installed quick updates that i got from the downloads section. At first I was missing all the products in the edit field. Non were showing up. And there were no configuration options either. So on a whim I copied and pasted the sql txt from the UPGRADE folder (I tried uploaded the file as prescribed in the readme.txt but that didnt work) and viola, everything is working fine now. You might give that a shot.

Jason

www.abcjewelrydepot.com

Plugin Contributions

Jason did you do a new install? or upgrade from prior stuff? I am just wondering if the sql file you took from the Upgrade folder is the one I should use, instead of the sql file from the new install folder. I keep getting that error with it.

Plugin Contributions

I get the same thing. Blank Browser page with:

If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

No products show up either.

Plugin Contributions

I got it. Open the SQL file in a text editor (I used TextPad) and just delete the first line of SQL save it and upload the SQL a 2nd time. Worked like charm.

Plugin Contributions

Sql is fine BUT No products show up

Plugin Contributions

dear guys,

as far as I know, the products not show up just because your server configuration is not with register_globals enabled (due to security issues).

if you are entitled to access .htaccess file, add the following code might help register globals enabled:
    php_flag register_globals on

if it still doesn't work, probably this feature is enable-prohibited by your web host provider. contact them and ask if they could help you in this case.

good luck

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast