Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1194
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,403
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    But now I also see in readme:

    "Database Modifications: NONE!"

    Yep... Me all confused now. ;-)

    Woody

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,776
    Plugin Contributions
    14

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    LOL this is what happens when you re-use the readme from the original TabbedProducts contrib I made. :) Please ignore the line about database modifications.. there are none.. i just overlooked that line.

    As far as the file modifications. Yea I thought about that too. I guess I was thinking more about core file overwriting. But you are right, this does overwrite that one file.

    If only we could get the forum admins to understand why we need never-ending post editing, this could be easily fixed... but.. the 5 min limit has passed.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,403
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    hey Q-

    1. I concluded no db patch is required. (as stated early in this thread).

    2. I discovered that any product description text (e.g. subhead text) positioned above <!--%Product Description%--> is not displayed.

    Can this mod be modfied to allow subhead formatted text at the very beginning of the product description to display adjacent to the product image (not in a tab), and then display the remainder of product description text in the tabs. Right now it appears to be an all or nothing proposition.

    3. On the default 1.3.0.1 product page layout, the tabs are clustered together floating by themsleves, just to the right of the product image, far above the product decription text box as should be expected. Not how they appear on the demo website.

    4. Also the mod auto generates three tabs "product details, "customers also purchased", and "additional images". You mentione this in the thread but I'm am not aware of the correct method to disable these tabs?

    I am sure this will be cool mod when all the kinks are worked out. Let me know if you release another beta as I would like to assist testing. In the meantime I will need to remove so I can put the updated shoppe into production.

    Thanks, Woody

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,776
    Plugin Contributions
    14

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    hey Q-

    2. I discovered that any product description text (e.g. subhead text) positioned above <!--%Product Description%--> is not displayed.

    Can this mod be modfied to allow subhead formatted text at the very beginning of the product description to display adjacent to the product image (not in a tab), and then display the remainder of product description text in the tabs. Right now it appears to be an all or nothing proposition.
    Never thought about putting text before the tabs. I will look into getting that to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    3. On the default 1.3.0.1 product page layout, the tabs are clustered together floating by themsleves, just to the right of the product image, far above the product decription text box as should be expected. Not how they appear on the demo website.
    Hmm. the file itself controls the layout, Im not sure how you have tabs on the default 1.3 product page layout. Or are you trying to merge the changes into your custom tpl file? There are quite a few changes to that file and I haven't yet worked on steps to merge. I will try to get that going for the next version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    4. Also the mod auto generates three tabs "product details, "customers also purchased", and "additional images". You mentione this in the thread but I'm am not aware of the correct method to disable these tabs?
    I think i put in the readme that you can edit the tpl file and at the top you change the 'true' to 'false'. Maybe in my haste I omitted that from the readme.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,946
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    Will your contribution work with the tpl_product_music_info_display.php template or you're only supporting the generate template. The reason I asked is I am actually interested in using this mod to control my music product type. For example on this product page: http://www.clevershoppers.com/reach-...d-pmi-455.html I can see leaving the descriptions in one tab and the track listing with music sample in another tab. Thoughts?

    Thanks!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Western MA, USA
    Posts
    606
    Plugin Contributions
    6

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    Thanx ghome

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,403
    Plugin Contributions
    2

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    1. I merged my changes into your provided template file. It was a very straight forward process as you have documented everything very well!

    2. Off the top of my head the mods I am using which affect the product_info_display page are IH2, Cross Sell and Ask A Question.

    It appears that the size of product image I am displaying is pushing the tab text content area down, but the tabs themselves remain floating above.

    That is it appears the vertical positioning of the tabs is not 'liquid' depending on the size of the product image. But the area where the product description content is displayed is indeed liquid and displays below the product image.

    Increase the size of the CD product image on your demo site to understand what I am stating. I

    3. Yes allowing the subhead text (top portion of the product description text) to display above of the tabs is a MUST have feature ;-)

    4. And oops... I did miss the part in the readme where you explained to set the three tab variables to true/false. I see it clearly now. Thanks for the follow-up. Look forward to the next update.

    Woody
    Last edited by Woodymon; 2 Jun 2006 at 03:17 PM.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,776
    Plugin Contributions
    14

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    GREAT NEWS!! I FINALLY figured out why everything was displaying on the main tab.. Took me 3 hours to dissect the entire code change and find it was one display property that I didnt adjust for in the FOR loop *smacks head*. But that part is working perfectly now.


    Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola
    Will your contribution work with the tpl_product_music_info_display.php template or you're only supporting the generate template. The reason I asked is I am actually interested in using this mod to control my music product type. For example on this product page: http://www.clevershoppers.com/reach-...d-pmi-455.html I can see leaving the descriptions in one tab and the track listing with music sample in another tab. Thoughts?

    Thanks!
    Currently its only for the normal "general" product. I suppose I could make one for each of the default product types. I'm trying to see how much effort it would be to make it a mergeable thing so it can easily be put into other product types. ideas are welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    2. Off the top of my head the mods I am using which affect the product_info_display page are IH2, Cross Sell and Ask A Question.
    Hmm yea i dont have those on my site so i hadn't tested with them. I think they can still be merged tho to show up in their normal places, just not as a tab unless I can make the code a little easier to modify and add to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    It appears that the size of product image I am displaying is pushing the tab text content area down, but the tabs themselves remain floating above.

    That is it appears the vertical positioning of the tabs is not 'liquid' depending on the size of the product image. But the area where the product description content is displayed is indeed liquid and displays below the product image.

    Increase the size of the CD product image on your demo site to understand what I am stating.
    Yea i see this too. There is actually a series of <br /><br /><br /><br /> that I added to the code to force it to move down farther, but its a hack and it varies with certain images.. some appear too far down, and some do what you are describing. For my next version I am actually going create a few different layouts, one idea is to put the picture inside the tabs and have it display on the First tab only. Similar to this: http://www.winfieldwoodworks.com/cat..._Board_12.html

    But some of the layouts may get pretty wild and may end up being hard to merge for novices. But I do intend to stick with the <div> block method the best I can and hope to make easy to read blocks that you can move around and add other contribs to.

    Would be nice to figure out a way to make a form in the admin panel do this all for me.. and add tabs via a gui or something. I'm not that advanced in my php coding for that tho. But I will try to work on this and make it as useful as possible and listen to your ideas.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,776
    Plugin Contributions
    14

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    Also.. im running IH2.. on my other site (without the contrib yet).. but i dont remember any changes to the product info template file that would be affected by the tabs.
    Last edited by qhome; 2 Jun 2006 at 04:29 PM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,776
    Plugin Contributions
    14

    Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

    ok version 3 beta is on the demo site (check my signature).. note the image is inside the tab and the first tab is fixed. I'd like to also put the options and add to cart button inside too but I'd like to make them fit a little tighter as well..... but i'd like some feed back about it having the image inside.

    I am still looking into having text before the tabs as well.. it doesn't seem too hard. but I want to make sure it parses properly. Also, Im just waiting for someone to ask about having text after the tabs which could be a bit harder... or would at least require a new tag to let the code differentiate.

    Also going to work on adding <noscript> tags so it just shows the normal way if jscript is disabled.

 

 
Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •