Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

*** LATEST VERSION AVAILABLE HERE:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=146

==============================

So finally one of my zany ideas goes well. I finished version 1 of the Tabbed Products "LITE" for those who would like to use tabs, but don't want to add any new tables to their database and move all their products over to a new product type.

This "LITE" version is actually more advanced to some degree as it isn't limited by the amount of tabs you can have, where as the full version only added one new database table for extra stuff. This version uses a DELIMITER from the actual product description to create a new dhtml tab. PLUS you can change tab count and tab names for each product!

For every new tab you want, you simply format it like this:
    Code:
    <!--%Tab Name%-->
    Also, because I'm using the <!-- to start the delimiter, The HTML ignores the ugly tag so you dont see it on the product page and I think that will prevent the froogle feed from generating the tag in the description as well.

An example product could be:
    <!--%Product Description%-->
    This product is great because it saves you time and money. Order today and get started with this terrific invention. We are sure you will not be disappointed.
    <!--%Detailed Specs%-->
    Size: 10x10x10
    Shape: Square
    Color: Red
    This will make 2 tabs and put the respective text on that tab.

I've also added the option to include the Additional Images as a tab or as normal by editing the template file.

I need to quickly add some code to prevent tabs from showing if no tags are set in the description, so it will act like normal if you don't want tabs for a certain product.

I will post the contrib in the downloads section tonight after I test a bit more.

I will try to get a demo of it too.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

Here is a demo site to check out the tabs

http://www.unbannable.com/zen/index....=index&cPath=1

This demo shows tabs and non-tabbed items. They both use the same template layout, but one description has the tab tags added when i added the new product, and one does not, showing how you can decide what you want from the description

Plugin Contributions

Nice job! Will be looking forward to adding it to the Downloads.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qhome
    For every new tab you want, you simply format it like this:
    Code:
    <!--%Tab Name%-->
    Also, because I'm using the <!-- to start the delimiter, The HTML ignores the ugly tag so you dont see it on the product page and I think that will prevent the froogle feed from generating the tag in the description as well.
    Cool qhome. Yes knowing how the integration of the tab code into the product description will impact Froogle and RSS mod feeds would be useful info.

Whomever finds out first please post your results ;-)

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    Cool qhome. Yes knowing how the integration of the tab code into the product description will impact Froogle and RSS mod feeds would be useful info.

Whomever finds out first please post your results ;-)

Woody

Just exported a froogle feed with EasyPopulate and it worked! No tags :) just the full text :)

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the delay.. I want to get it in the contribs area but I'm trying to make some prettier tabs

Plugin Contributions

I will be excitedly waiting

Plugin Contributions

hey dont worry about the look of the tabs, we are all going to have to modify them to our sites anyways. just worrk about making them as css based as possible. I know I know you are already doing that. but really that is all we need.

Plugin Contributions

Well I decided to make a version 2 even before i released version 1

Tabs are much prettier and they even auto-stack if there are more than will fit on the page. Its a completely different script and I am having a slight problem with the initial page load, it shows all the stuff on the first tab, but when you click another tab, it properly shows whats on that tab, and then when you go back to the first tab, it shows that tabs contents correctly.

Demo:
    http://www.unbannable.com/zen/index....=index&cPath=1

I wonder if it has something to do with the way I'm echo'ing the html stuff instead of ending the php ?> and using native html. But it looks fine in the source.

Plugin Contributions

BETA RELEASE

Well, now I've added the ability to add the additional content to tabs or not. I've put all the configurations at the top of the tpl file that allow you to decide if you want Additional images, Product details (model/qty/stock), and Customers Also Purchased... as well as custom names for those tabs.

Demo updated:
    http://www.unbannable.com/zen/index....&products_id=1

Because of the way that the content of the Additional Images and Customers Also purchased is loaded by simply requiring the file... I haven't found a good way yet to hide the tab if there is no data. So if there are no additional images for a product, and you set that tab to true, then it will just load an empty tab.. or i could put some default text in place of it.

One Idea i had was to place those tab calls in the product description like the rest of the tags.. and if the code found those tags then it would load those tabs. But that could confuse the code in thinking you are making a custom tab or you might be updating files often if you start adding or removing additional images.

I think its good enough for a version 2, except for that damn first problem in the post above.

I will attach the file here those who want to help test it. It should be safe enough for production sites, it will just show all the info on the first tab at first. It doesn't do that when I load it as normal html.. but it started doing it at some point during my debugging and I can't figure out where or why.
    Last edited by qhome; 1 Jun 2006 at 08:43 PM.

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast