Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

(ACK I ran out of time to edit my prior post.)

I read backwards from here. I tried what was suggested by Woodymon in #945, but I don't have a clue how to make a new SQL file like the guy did in response in #946. I have it open in dreamweaver, but what do I append my HODLLC_ to?? anything starting with zencart.configuration?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladysaat View Post
    I clicked on what you linked and LOL it brought me to the top of the page your post is on. I've been searching for a bit and can't find where to fix or get the SQL to run right.

this is the error I get also when copy and pasting it (I open it in Dreamweaver BTW)

1146 Table 'HODLLC_zencart.configuration_group' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT @gid := configuration_group_id FROM configuration_group where configuration_group_title LIKE 'Tabbed Products Config';]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    How are you running the sql? are you using Admin->install sql patches and using the "choose file" button or are you copying and pasting the sql code into the window. I've tried both methods with both of my stores and I've never had a problem so I'm still stunned as to why it doesn't work.

The best way I could suggest would be to paste the code in your cpanel->mysql databases->phpmyadmin... but that might be a bit more confusing.

I think if you try this code it might work for you through the install sql patches area:

Code:
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title LIKE '%Tabbed Products Config%';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_description LIKE 'Set this to 1%' LIMIT 12;
    INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES ('', 'Tabbed Products Config', 'Tabbed Products Lite Config', '1', '1');
    SELECT @gid := configuration_group_id FROM configuration_group where configuration_group_title LIKE '%Tabbed Products Config%';
    UPDATE configuration_group SET sort_order = @gid WHERE configuration_group_id = @gid;
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Global Product Description Tab', 'GLOBAL_PROD_DESC_ON_TAB', '1', 'Set this to 1 if you want all products to have the Main Product Description on its own tab', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Main Image On Tab', 'GLOBAL_MAIN_IMAGE_ON_TAB', '0', 'Set this to 1 if you want the product main image on the first tab', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Add To Cart Tab', 'GLOBAL_ADD_TO_CART_ON_TAB', '0', 'Set this to 1 if you want the add to cart button on a tab. Note this includes Add To Cart, Qty Discounts, and Option Attributes. The add to cart option will add itself to the first tab if using any custom tabs, otherwise it will make its own tab, which will be the first tab. This keeps the Add to cart button in view at all times no matter the configuration', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Additional Images Tab', 'GLOBAL_ADDL_IMAGES_ON_TAB', '1', 'Set this to 1 if you want the additional images for a product on its own tab', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Customers Also Purchased Tab', 'GLOBAL_CUST_ALSO_PURCH_ON_TAB', '1', 'Set this to 1 if you want the Customers Also Purchased module on its own tab', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Media Collection Tab', 'GLOBAL_MEDIA_COLLECTION_ON_TAB', '0', 'Set this to 1 if you want the Media Collection module on its own tab. (MUSIC PRODUCT TYPE ONLY)', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Cross Sell Is Installed', 'CROSS_SELL_IS_INSTALLED', '0', 'Set this to 1 ONLY if you have the Cross Sell contrib installed as per the Cross Sell contribs instructions. This will give an error if you enable this to true without already having it installed', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Cross Sell Tab', 'GLOBAL_CROSS_SELL_ON_TAB', '0', 'Set this to 1 if you want the Cross Sell module on its own tab. This will only work if the setting \"Cross Sell Is Installed\" above is set to 1', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Show Tab Headers', 'SHOW_TAB_HEADERS', '1', 'Set this to 1 if you want a header bar to appear under the tabs, above the tab content', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Show Tab Headers when Javascript is Off', 'SHOW_TAB_HEADERS_NO_JSCRIPT', '1', 'Set this to 1 if you want the header to appear under the tabs when javascript is off. This makes it look nicer and more organized if the customer has javascript off and separates each section with a header bar. Can be used even if the normal Show Tab Header is set to false.', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Reviews Tab', 'GLOBAL_REVIEWS_ON_TAB', '1', 'Set this to 1 if you want the Product Reviews to show up on its own tab.', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),"),
                                     ('', 'Global Use Sub Tags', 'GLOBAL_USE_SUB_TAGS', '1', 'Set this to 1 to allow the use of sub tags to allow more than one core module to appear on the same tab.', @gid, '11', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),");
    change the "FROM configuration_group" that you see in red to "FROM xxx_configuration_group"

replace xxx with your prefix.

Plugin Contributions

Qhome~

I actually have done all three. I found my phpMyAdmin in my cpanel of my host also. Okay I copied the code you put up there, will change that part in red to have HODLLC_zencart. added to the front of it. then I'm going to run it in my zencart by c&p'ing to the box and hitting send. I'll let you know if it works

Just as a side note, I have had numerous problems with SQL and running it with different mods and previous versions of zencart. So maybe it has something to do with where I host or something. But this certainly isn't the first. In fact when SQL patches do go through without a hitch I am shocked.

ETA: got this error

in:
    [SELECT @gid := configuration_group_id FROM HODLLC_zencart.configuration_group where configuration_group_title LIKE '%Tabbed Products Config%';]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Looking my phpMyadmin... I see the table configuration_group and also configuration_group_id They are there. The database is HODLLC_zencart. So I'm not really sure here LOL!
    Last edited by ladysaat; 23 Apr 2007 at 02:08 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I just thought of something.. This whole time I've put HODLLC_zencart.configuration..... because that's what the error mssg said wasn't there. But I just noticed you put xxx_configuration_group. I wonder if the "_" is what I did wrong?

NM I ran it that way while typing this and it still gave me this error.

Error

SQL query:

DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_title LIKE '%Tabbed Products Config%';

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1146 - Table 'HODLLC_zencart.configuration_group' doesn't exist

Plugin Contributions

I just thought of something.. This whole time I've put HODLLC_zencart.configuration..... because that's what the error mssg said wasn't there. But I just noticed you put xxx_configuration_group. I wonder if the "_" is what I did wrong?

NM I ran it that way while typing this and it still gave me this error.

Error

SQL query:

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1146 - Table 'HODLLC_zencart.configuration_group' doesn't exist

HODLLC_zencart is your database name.. not your prefix. Your prefix would have been set up during the zen-cart install.. and is usually zen_

Plugin Contributions

hmm I think when I initially installed zen cart (ages ago, i've just been upgrading since) that I thought I had to put what was already in my hosting cpanel. So I would've put HODLLC. I think. LOL.

Plugin Contributions

this is the error I get also when copy and pasting it (I open it in Dreamweaver BTW)

in:
    [SELECT @gid := configuration_group_id FROM configuration_group where configuration_group_title LIKE 'Tabbed Products Config';]
    @Ladysaat-

I was incorrect above. The error was not a DB preifx issue.

Everything up to the period (.) is the DATABASE name, not the TABLEPREFIX.

I observed the underscore (_) and auto thought prefix issue. mea culpa.

The format would be:

DBACCOUNT_DBNAME.TABLEPREFIX_TABLENAME

You do not have a table prefix. so as qhome stated pasting the SQL patch code into Install > SQL Patches or via phpmyadmin (SQL tab) should work.

You may want to contact your web host support on this one.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking the same thing, as tried running the out-of-the-box one in my phpMyadmin, got same wierd error. qhome wanted to take a look at it, that was yesterday. I haven't heard anything yet, but in my configure there is a thing at the top (in my zen cart admin, I mean) that says Tabbed Lite something. But when I click on it only the top black bar shows. No fields or anything. So maybe he was able to partially fix something. I am going to submit a trouble ticket to my host, or maybe call them, and wait for him to PM me or something also.

holy crap I just thought of something.

so HODLLC_zencart is obviously the database prefix/name but when I look at phpMyadmin... I click on that specific database, all the tables show up as HODLLC_configuration_group etc.

Could this be it????

ETA#2: LMAO @ me using the term "obviously"

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking the same thing, as tried running the out-of-the-box one in my phpMyadmin, got same wierd error. qhome wanted to take a look at it, that was yesterday. I haven't heard anything yet, but in my configure there is a thing at the top (in my zen cart admin, I mean) that says Tabbed Lite something. But when I click on it only the top black bar shows. No fields or anything. So maybe he was able to partially fix something. I am going to submit a trouble ticket to my host, or maybe call them, and wait for him to PM me or something also.

holy crap I just thought of something.

so HODLLC_zencart is obviously the database prefix/name but when I look at phpMyadmin... I click on that specific database, all the tables show up as HODLLC_configuration_group etc.

Could this be it????

ETA#2: LMAO @ me using the term "obviously"
    Yep.. I got it to work by adding the prefix in that red area that I posted at #952
    For some reason, it doesn't auto-prefix this line

Code:
    SELECT @gid := configuration_group_id FROM xxx_configuration_group where configuration_group_title LIKE '%Tabbed Products Config%';
    Oddly tho, it will automagically figure it out for a line like:
    Code:
    notice that I didn't have to add the xxx_ after the FROM in that line.

Not sure why some systems work and others don't. I assume that the MYSQL version is what figures out the code, unless perhaps the zen-cart install_sql_patches window auto-adds the prefix, but then I would assume it would work the same for everyone.

But Ladysaat, you should be able to see the tabbed configuration now. Thanks for your help with the admin panel access to give me a chance to play with the values and track down where the problem is.

Enjoy!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qhome View Post
    For some reason, it doesn't auto-prefix this line

Oddly tho, it will automagically figure it out for a line like:

notice that I didn't have to add the xxx_ after the FROM in that line.

Not sure why some systems work and others don't. I assume that the MYSQL version is what figures out the code, unless perhaps the zen-cart install_sql_patches window auto-adds the prefix, but then I would assume it would work the same for everyone.
    Good detective work Q.

If my memory serves me well, someone reported the varied success of Tools > Install SQL Patches has to do with how magicquotes is configured/supported on the host.

Similar issues plague the patch install process for other mods. I don't recall observing these kinds of issues on 1.2x. Only on 1.3x. I'm hoping an expert could chime in and explain the issue and suggest best practice workarounds.

Woody

Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast