Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

Quote Originally Posted by denliv
    FYI - don't know if you've noticed this yet (haven't read the whole thread) but the first tab fits nicely in a small browser width but going to the second tab makes it jump off the right side of the screen.
    I don't have the same problem.
    But I noticed the tabs will be disapered, when in certain width. If you make the browser's width a little bit biger or smaller, then it'll come out again.

Plugin Contributions

FYI - don't know if you've noticed this yet (haven't read the whole thread) but the first tab fits nicely in a small browser width but going to the second tab makes it jump off the right side of the screen.
    Hmm I'm not sure waht u mean.. Alll the tabs are liquid(by default).. so they shift with the width.. so even if u had a 3 inch browser window.. u'd see all the tabs on top of each other.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - the tabs are showing. I just mean the window of the second tab is to wide to fit in a narrow browser, say 800 pixels wide, whereas the window for the first tab fits it just fine.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry - the tabs are showing. I just mean the window of the second tab is to wide to fit in a narrow browser, say 800 pixels wide, whereas the window for the first tab fits it just fine.
    Hmm thats a FF or IE thing and only happens when u change tabs while the window is small I think.. thats not really exclusive to the contrib tho.. that would happen with all tables and content I think.

On a side note... I've attached the latest and greatest patched versions just so we dont lose track.

There are only the template files in this zip. One for WITH Cross Sell.. one for WITHOUT.

I'll let these get tested a bit more before making another official release in the download section.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if you know about this but I just dumped 3700 products to the database using the tab delimiters in the product description. Now the source data looks 100% fine, but only 90% of the actual products in the store have correctly formatted tabs. The rest are messed up - i.e. they show code --valid html transitional --> and also the layout of the tab is all wrong. (It is difficult to describe)

I have checked, checked and checked again the integrity of the source data being uploaded. No idea why this is not working - everything in the source data looks perfectly fine and as it should. I am thinking people who use the likes of Easypopulate will come across this issue at some point.

Is there any way to achieve the Tabbed look without having additional tabs (e.g. product_info just has one single tab with everything inside it). I ask because until I have figure dout why a bulk data upload does not work, it makes sense not to use the tab delimiters but have pure CSS instead.

This would actually be a neat idea anyway - have a default single tab layout for when you are not using tabbed delimiters. Then the product_info layout would look pretty seamless.

Plugin Contributions

This is definitely an awesome mod but it is kinda confusing to move things around such as the Add to Card since there are numerous of them.

Is there any hint on which ones to move?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJim
    Not sure if you know about this but I just dumped 3700 products to the database using the tab delimiters in the product description. Now the source data looks 100% fine, but only 90% of the actual products in the store have correctly formatted tabs. The rest are messed up - i.e. they show code --valid html transitional --> and also the layout of the tab is all wrong. (It is difficult to describe)
    Do you have a site I can take a look at and see this? I will try it easy populate on my test site this weekend.

Also quote the text in your description just to see if maybe there is something that I may have come across in creation that looks familiar.

(PM it to me if you like)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyJim
    Is there any way to achieve the Tabbed look without having additional tabs (e.g. product_info just has one single tab with everything inside it). I ask because until I have figure dout why a bulk data upload does not work, it makes sense not to use the tab delimiters but have pure CSS instead.

This would actually be a neat idea anyway - have a default single tab layout for when you are not using tabbed delimiters. Then the product_info layout would look pretty seamless.
    For tabbed layout, you mean just 1 tab that isn't really a tab, but looks like a tab? I guess if you only use one <!--%tabname%--> it would show it all as one tab.. if thats what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker
    This is definitely an awesome mod but it is kinda confusing to move things around such as the Add to Card since there are numerous of them.

Is there any hint on which ones to move?
    Yes, in the code, there is a big block that says "END OF TAB PARSE CODE" (around line 535). everything under that is the original stuff with the addition of the If statements, but that shouldn't affect where u move it to. Just copy everything in between the bof/eof tags (and the tags as well)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you have to add the <br /> tag at the end of every tab?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Do you have to add the <br /> tag at the end of every tab?
    Shouldn't have to. I added table tags to help make the separate the data for moments like when Javascript is turned off so you should no longer need the BR

Plugin Contributions

Woodymon, empty your PM box.. its full and i cant reply!