Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Tabbed Products ''LITE'' version - Delimiter based

Ok Wood

I got your text above the tabs.. it was ridiculously simple after I had a good lunch lol.

I am adding <noscript> stuff now.

Does anyone know of a good way to check if things like additional images exist so I can hide those tabs if there are no additional images? It is a "requires" call so it calls a completely different file. same with Customers also Purchased.

I can finagle it for the details like model/qty/stock .. but thats about it.

Also I was gonna try adding the review editor on a tab as an option by including the review editor php file and see how that works.

Which do we like better.. image inside the tabs or outside the tabs? It will no doubt come to a vote that i should add the ability to do both :)

Plugin Contributions

Along the same lines as additional pictures, you can make it look to see if there are cross sell items assigned to it. If not, make that tab disappear (sorry, not trying to be picky, it was just a thought).

Plugin Contributions

yea.. support for other contribs like that will be next if i can figure a way to do it from within this one file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qhome
    I got your text above the tabs.. it was ridiculously simple after I had a good lunch lol.
    Q- Cool! Can you post the code change. That in itself is the major immediate need I have for your mod.

Below is the default order of the product page layout in Zen Cart 1.3x

Main Product Image*
    Product Name*
    Product Price (block)*
    Free Ship icon*
    Product Description
    Add to Cart box*
    Product Details list:*
    - product model
    - product weight
    - prioduct quantity
    - product manufacturer
    Product Attributes*
    Quantity Discounts Table
    Additional Product Images*
    Tell-a-friend button*
    Ask-a-question button (not stock)*
    Reviews button/count*
    Product date added/available*
    Product URL*
    Also Purchased Products*
    Cross Sell (not stock)*

[Also the category icon and the "above" and "below" Prev/Next buttons/positions which should remain outside of the tab scheme, as you have them now.]

I prefer the items marked with an asterisk (everything except the Product description text) to display outside of the tabs layout, if store owner desires.

Myself I will likely always want to display the main product image free-standing by itself, ABOVE the tabs. And the same with the various buttons (add to cart, Reviews, ask-a-question, tell-a-friend, etc). And thinking I will want to display the cross sell images below the product description text/tabs.

And abilty to display product description text both above and below tabs is very desirable.

Ability to support product page layout flexibility is key as I'm sure others will have different combinations of layout needs.

Looks like you have additional visions for your mod, e.g. being able to support other mods and configure tabs within admin, which is great.

Once you have integrated the ability to display various data objects in your tab scheme storeowners should be able to easily figure out how to integrate other product related data into your tabs layout, if needed.

Down the road I invision the Zen Cart dev team supporting repositioning/sorting, from a single Zen Cart admin page, every single display/data object on the product page (currently ZC 1.3x allows you to enable/disable the display of most product page objects via Config > Product info and various other admin menus). Mod developers would need to know how to integrate their customizations into such a scheme.

You are making quick strides. Keep up the good work.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

This is looking really great Qhome, very well done. You know what would polish this up though? Rollover tabs ... either make other gfx and have them change completely, or have the text inside the tabs change colour on mouseover, what do you think?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls
    This is looking really great Qhome, very well done. You know what would polish this up though? Rollover tabs ... either make other gfx and have them change completely, or have the text inside the tabs change colour on mouseover, what do you think?
    Yea i had that for the original tabs version 1 before i changed to this style.. this one looks better at default.. but that should be easy to do in the CSS as well.. i'll look into some color ideas and you guys can customize it as you like :)

@Wood I will try to post it tonight. I want to make sure the read me and everything is correct. At the moment because I'm doing so much on and off stuff, its hard to keep the code clean so im trying to do what I can with it to make it easy to use and merge.

Plugin Contributions

OK! Its time for the latest beta!

• At the moment, its quite messy to support everything in one file, so this beta comes with 2 tpl files, one has the image above the tabs, one has the image inside the tabs. You choose which you'd like. The rest of the files are functionaly the same except for that one difference.
    • Also included with this beta is the ability to add text above the tabs
    • I've added some simplistic <NOSCRIPT> tags. They just put big red signs up stating that the tabs won't work because javascript isn't enabled. This doesn't prevent the customer from buying anything, they just wont be able to see any other tab except for the first one. But honestly.. who has a browser that doesn't support jscript these days.. Even the Amish have up-to-date browsers. There may be some issue with FireFox "NOSCRIPT" extension, but the <NOSCRIPT> tags I added should be enough to tell them to enable it for your store. There's really no easy way to force the display to show normal view, since its dynamically created. This method works for now.

Be sure to read the readme, as it has been updated a bit and I've removed all that bogus junk that was left over from my c/p job. There is a "TO DO" list at the bottom of that file, but please share any other ideas you'd like to see.

Plugin Contributions

Q-

You are quick with the updates!

I. The new filename is:
    TabbedLite-v2.5-beta.zip

But the new readme says
    Contribution: Tabbed Products "LITE"
    Version: v3.0 beta

II. The readme states:
    Also, inside the
    /catalog/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_tabbed_info_display.php file, there are configurations at the top for additional tabs you can show.
    I think you meant inside either t1l_product_info_display.php OR t2l_product_info_display.php...

Just trying to keep you honest ;)

Woody

Plugin Contributions

LOL damn this 4 hours of sleep! it was gonna be named 3.0 but i didnt feel it was worth a whole number lol.. and i had that multiple layouts thing at the last second. Ah well... so far the best beta test has been on the readme lol :)

Anyways.. lemme know how u like the tabs so far.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by qhome
    LOL damn this 4 hours of sleep! it was gonna be named 3.0 but i didnt feel it was worth a whole number lol.. and i had that multiple layouts thing at the last second. Ah well... so far the best beta test has been on the readme lol :)

Anyways.. lemme know how u like the tabs so far.
    I knew that would make you laugh :)

Yes since it is in beta none of those readme issues matter. Just wanted to ensure I wasn't missing out on testing a newer version ;-)

Regardiing beta versioning... generally when I release something to beta I release as 0.5beta, then next minor update as 0.5.0.1beta, etc (or if major beta update then increment to 0.6beta). When really ready for prime time and out-of-beta I release as 1.0, then later minor updates as 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc. And larger updates as 1.2, or 1.5 and the next really big update as 2.0 (you get the picture).

Back to the topic of discusssion... I just installed your 2.5beta and it works VERY NICELY. All my previous reported issues are fixed.

Now I look forward to the ability to display product description text below the tabs ;-)

Time to take the beta label off. I'm betting this will become a very popular mod in short notice. And something the Dev team will consider including as core. Great work!

Woody
    Last edited by Woodymon; 3 Jun 2006 at 07:20 AM.

Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast