Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter-Only Subscriptions for v1.3x

I tried completely reinstalling the mod, but with no luck. It is still having the same issue, it also comes up with a big red warning

"A Newsletter-Only subscription has been registered with this email address. If you currently receive our newsletter, but do not have an account."

even though this address is not listed as a subscriber.

Is there a way that another file that could be interfering with this mod?
    Something I have edited elsewhere?

Plugin Contributions

Gilby,

Thanks for your help, it turned out I had misspelled the template directory name! How stupid of me, and to overlook it so many times!

How frustrating. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    What is the error?
    After uninstalling this, whenever I go to the "Send Mail", to try to email subcribers I can't, I get this message:

Send Email To Customers

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as s left join customers as c on c.customers_id = s.customers_id' at line 1
    in:
    [select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, s.email_address as customers_email_address from as s left join customers as c on c.customers_id = s.customers_id ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    I recall having to run an SQL change when installing this, so there must be something I need to run to uninstall it, right? I don't know what to run though and I am stuck with no email capability, which is really a big inconvenience as you can imagine

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by buildingblocks View Post
    Does anyone have this mod working on zen cart 1.3.9d?

I did a fresh standard installation of a 1.3.9d cart with no mods except the newsletter subscribe 2.2 version.

In admin when going to tools > send email, I'm getting this error

1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'locate'
    in:
    [SELECT s.email_address as customers_email_address FROM zen_subscribers as s LEFT JOIN zen_configuration as q on LOCATE( s.email_address, q.configuration_value) >= 1 WHERE configuration_key = 'NEWSONLY_SUBSCRIPTION_TEST_GROUP' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    I am really new at this so please take what I did and consider the source.

My issue was very similar to yours. My illegal collation mix was between utf8_unicode_cla and utf8_general_cl.

I went into phpmyadmin and changed the Collation on the zen_subscribers table to utf8_general_ci on email_address, email_format and confirmed.

I had no data so there was really no risk for me. I suggest a backup though.

If I did something really stupid, I would appreciate being corrected!

Plugin Contributions

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gilby
    What is the error?

After uninstalling this, whenever I go to the "Send Mail", to try to email subcribers I can't, I get this message:

Quote:
    Send Email To Customers

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as s left join customers as c on c.customers_id = s.customers_id' at line 1
    in:
    [select c.customers_firstname, c.customers_lastname, s.email_address as customers_email_address from as s left join customers as c on c.customers_id = s.customers_id ]

I recall having to run an SQL change when installing this, so there must be something I need to run to uninstall it, right? I don't know what to run though and I am stuck with no email capability, which is really a big inconvenience as you can imagine
    I remember when installing this, I ran a SQL thing to uninstall it to check it could be done. That worked, but I can't find what I ran to uninstall this. Whenever someone subscribes now, they don't get added on the database.

Plugin Contributions

Does the latest version of this mod still work with 1.3.8a?

Also has this problem been fixed?

When the mod is installed, if a new customer tries to sign up, they can't because it won't accept the country from the drop down menu?

I had to uninstall the mod and overwrite all the files to get the create account to work again

I'd really like to use the mod, but can't unless this bug has been fixed.

Thanks in advance,
    Joanne

Plugin Contributions

I don't think its been fixed and I would stay away from this if you have 1.3.8a. I now can't send any email at all. Really great when trying to run a business. No one seems to know the answer.

Plugin Contributions

OMG, that's awful! Did you uninstall it (make a copy of your subscribers database first). And then overwrite all the affected files with the ones from your original Zen download? That's what I had to do, and it works fine now thank God!!

Yep, I'll stay away from it, at least for now :S

Plugin Contributions

I have a copy of the database from before this, but its a whole copy, I don't know how to break it up to just upload the affected part. You might be interested in trying mailchimp.com. Its free for less than 500 subscribers, and 15p/month after that. Great templates and tutorials. It also helps you design a subscribe box for your site. I think there is also an add-on for it but I haven't looked at that.

Plugin Contributions

Open your database up. Use the search and find feature of whatever text editor you're using to find the following:

Code:
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `subscribers`;
    and highlight everything from the beginning of that line to the end of the following line:

Code:
    UNLOCK TABLES;
    Then all you have to do is log into your cpanel go to PHPMyAdmin select your store database, and click on SQL at the top of the page.

Paste what you highlighted above into the box and click GO, and poof your subscribers are back

Good luck!
    Joanne

Page 96 of 117 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast