Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

FRESH INSTALL: Search facility is not working properly?

Hi people,

I have installed a previous version in the past and on another server and I didn't have any problems.

Now it seems that the seach box is not always working properly!
    This is the result:
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' p.products_quantity , m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.p' at line 1
    in:
    [SELECT DISTINCT , p.products_quantity , m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter FROM mmzen_products p LEFT JOIN mmzen_manufacturers m USING(manufacturers_id), mmzen_products_description pd, mmzen_categories c, mmzen_products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN mmzen_meta_tags_products_description mtpd ON mtpd.products_id= p2c.products_id AND mtpd.language_id = 1 WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id AND ((pd.products_name LIKE '%a%' OR p.products_model LIKE '%a%' OR m.manufacturers_name LIKE '%a%' OR (mtpd.metatags_keywords LIKE '%a%' AND mtpd.metatags_keywords !='') OR (mtpd.metatags_description LIKE '%a%' AND mtpd.metatags_description !='') OR pd.products_description LIKE '%a%') ) order by pd.products_name limit 0, 10]
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I haven't installed any mods yet and I am using the default template.
    Details of the server:
    #######################
    Zen Cart 1.3.0.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.3.0.1
    v1.3.0.1 [2006-05-12 13:39:35] (Fresh Installation)

Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-34.ELsmp
    Database: MySQL 4.1.19-standard-log
    PHP Version: 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)
    HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) PHP/4.4.2 mod_throttle/3.1.2 mod_psoft_traffic/0.1 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a FrontPage/5.0.2.2623
    #######################

ANOTHER PROBLEM FOUND:
    Orders in the admin panel appearing with double entries.
    So far I haven't taken the cart Live but I need to to do it VERY soon.
    If I compromise to leave those double entries, will this affect the systes when it goes line?
    Is this fixable?

Are those bugs of the latest version and a patch will be released soon or shall I go back to the previous version?

Thank you in advance,

N

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FRESH INSTALL: Search facility is not working properly?

1. I can't duplicate the search error you reported, using a fresh install.
    However, it looks like you've disabled several columns from a product listing or something in order for it to be skipping fields in the SQL query. Perhaps your settings in the admin area need to be revisited.

Or at least list here the exact steps you're taking to produce the error you reported.

2. You should not be seeing double orders.
    What exactly do you mean by "double"?
    - are they the same order NUMBER? or 2 orders with same details?
    - what payment module are you using?
    - what other addons/contributions are installed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there and thank you for replying.

I have disabled most of the sideboxes. I only have
    categories
    ez-pages
    search_header and
    shopping_cart

I surely did some basic fine tunning on the admin area but I can't remember what I've changed. It's been several days now that I'm trying to figure out why is this happening.

Is there a way to reset all those settings without doing a fresh install again?

===

2. I have found the problem however I cannot fix it as I'm not a programmer.
    I'm using the Barclays ePDQ module that was posted to me from jenweir (the creator) about a year ago. With the previous version it was working fine.
    Now it's creating double orders with the same number.
    Even when I login as the customer I can see those double order.

Further more on a processed order it says that the payment way was "Discount coupon"... and not the proper text.

Obviously it's not compatible.
    I do not know whether there is an updated version of that module since the Downloads section is off on the zencart site

I cannot put the shopping cart live without that module...

No other modules installed.
    Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Netizen

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    1. I can't duplicate the search error you reported, using a fresh install.
    However, it looks like you've disabled several columns from a product listing or something in order for it to be skipping fields in the SQL query. Perhaps your settings in the admin area need to be revisited.

Or at least list here the exact steps you're taking to produce the error you reported.

2. You should not be seeing double orders.
    What exactly do you mean by "double"?
    - are they the same order NUMBER? or 2 orders with same details?
    - what payment module are you using?
    - what other addons/contributions are installed?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by netizen
    Is there a way to reset all those settings without doing a fresh install again?
    Not easily.

I'll often set up a second install of Zen Cart in a separate folder+database for testing things. This lets you try out new settings, etc. even backup/wipe/install-fresh the database, etc.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi All;

1) I get the same error on the search function. This was a fress intall using the latest full releaes, with no changes made. I am using MySql 5.x. I'm looking over some code I'll let you know if I find anything. In the mean time search for "p.product*" on this forum. There is a quick Fix for 1.3 that may help out.

Ryan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

v1.3.0.1 contains all the quickfixes/bugfixes for 1.3.0

the download link is at the top of this page ("Get Zen Cart")

Plugin Contributions

v1.3.0.1 contains all the quickfixes/bugfixes for 1.3.0

the download link is at the top of this page ("Get Zen Cart")
    Hi i got the same error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' p.products_quantity , m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.p
    in:
    [SELECT DISTINCT , p.products_quantity , m.manufacturers_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price_sorter FROM zen_products p LEFT JOIN zen_manufacturers m USING(manufacturers_id), zen_products_description pd, zen_categories c, zen_products_to_categories p2c LEFT JOIN zen_meta_tags_products_description mtpd ON mtpd.products_id= p2c.products_id AND mtpd.language_id = 1 WHERE p.products_status = 1 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = 1 AND p.products_id = p2c.products_id AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id AND ((pd.products_name LIKE '%foxy%' OR p.products_model LIKE '%foxy%' OR m.manufacturers_name LIKE '%foxy%' OR (mtpd.metatags_keywords LIKE '%foxy%' AND mtpd.metatags_keywords !='') OR (mtpd.metatags_description LIKE '%foxy%' AND mtpd.metatags_description !='') OR pd.products_description LIKE '%foxy%') ) order by pd.products_name limit 0, 10]

We disabled almost all column boxes the switched "ON" are...

sideboxes/categories.php
    sideboxes/music_genres.php
    sideboxes/search_header.php

we tested in a OS X server and a windows 2003 server and got the same message, both installs are fresh.

we appreciate any help.

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you've both mentioned "fresh" install, was that with or without demo products?
    Are there any products in your database?

Plugin Contributions

New installation with the demo products as well as my own products.

When you've both mentioned "fresh" install, was that with or without demo products?
    Are there any products in your database?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I suspect you've made some changes to your admin layout settings to show or not show certain columns of information. The search-results area is designed to pick up those fields and include/exclude them dynamically.

What's the URL?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast