Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple template guide?

Thanks Bruce -

I just made new header.php and shopping_cart.php files and placed them in my custom folder. But when I go back to my zc shop, the new changes aren't showing up. Any clues?

Thanks! ~M

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by arconser
    Thanks Bruce -

I just made new header.php and shopping_cart.php files and placed them in my custom folder. But when I go back to my zc shop, the new changes aren't showing up. Any clues?

Thanks! ~M
    Have you created a template by making a template_info.php file and placing it in your templates/custom directory, and then selected that template from the tools menu in Admin?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

OMG -_-

This is the most answer rich, condensed, KISS thread I've read in the whole forum. I just keep reading it over and over and more kight bulbs keep going off. I'm a human christmas tree over here!

So once you have your files in your /custom folder how does zen cart know to look at those instead of the old ones? Where do you change the code to add the /customwhatever/, so things point correctly? Can you use the dev toolkit to search for the orig string?

ETA: I can't type for crap on my pc6700....
    Last edited by ladysaat; 7 Jun 2006 at 12:59 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is designed to look in the override directories first then to the default directories magically for you ...

You do not have to do anything other than place your override files in the correct directories and Zen Cart will automatically find these files for you ...

That is the magic of Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Isn't that the truth ladysaat! Now you know what I'm feeling

Hi Kuroi -

My zc theme is being pulled from my website theme. So when I go to admin>tools>template it shows it is pointing to mytemplate. When I go and look at the actual template_info.php in my templates/mytemplate it only contains this info:

<?php
    $template_name = 'mytemplate';
    $template_version = 'Version 0.1';
    $template_description = 'This template set is designed to use the style sheet from your mytemplate theme';
    ?>

Me thinks you're going to tell me it needs to say more than that....

Plugin Contributions

Please review this guide in the FAQ - http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/faq.ph...r&titlesonly=1. It should help you get where you want to go.

The details of the FAQ will like have small differences than what you find in Kuroi's template but the big picture is the same.

Create the new template set
    Edit template_info
    Turn template on in admin

Best wishes

Plugin Contributions

Cool, that looks very do-able.

Thanks so very much everyone for the help. I've sent some cups of coffee your way. Thanks for turning this project around for me!

~Maureen

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what file is instructing the ZenCart logo and TagLine Here display in the header. I just want to delete it.

Also, can anyone provide a list of the most commonly changed files? I can't find a summary anywhere.

I'm getting the hang of the CSS document but only by deleting each piece or changing colors to see what happens. If you can point me to a document that explains what is pulling from this code, it would be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

How do I add and position a new logo?

Using an image editor create your new logo and save it to includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> images -> logo.gif and upload it to your server.
    By default the logo is Left aligned. Changing the alignment involves making a modification to your stylesheet.css. Open the stylesheet.css and find the following:

#logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    float: left;
    }

and change it to

#logo {float: left;}/* Make your changes here (ie. to center the logo change float: left; to text-align: center; or you can align it to the right by changing float: left; to float: right;) */

.centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    }

Where do I find the files I would edit to change other parts of my cart (ie. template files, sideboxes, etc.)?

If you want to turn your sideboxes on and off or move them left and right, you do this from the admin control panel in admin ->tools -> layout boxes controller.

The other files you would modify are located in includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE.

Which file(s) you edit will depend on which page of your shop you want to customize. Working with these files is fairly easy since they are clearly marked with <!--bof whatever--> and <!--eof whatever-->. This makes moving sections of the file easy.
    The most common file(s) to be customized are:
    includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> common -> tpl_main_page.php
    includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> common -> tpl_header.php
    includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> common -> tpl_footer.php
    includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> templates -> tpl_product_info_display.php

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, but this does not tell me how to delete it. I have the logo in the header_bg.jpg file. Much easier...more control. I can't get rid of the floating logo or the "TagLine Here" text.

[QUOTE=clydejones]How do I add and position a new logo?

Using an image editor create your new logo and save it to includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> images -> logo.gif and upload it to your server.
    By default the logo is Left aligned. Changing the alignment involves making a modification to your stylesheet.css. Open the stylesheet.css and find the following:

#logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    }

and change it to

#logo {float: left;}/* Make your changes here (ie. to center the logo change float: left; to text-align: center; or you can align it to the right by changing float: left; to float: right;) */

.centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    }

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast