Thread: Database?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database?

I just noticed that you might be on a winserver.

Edit the permissions set to 777 to "not read only"
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

thank you so much for answering!
    Candice

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your help, we got it up and working!

I am having an issues with one of the files /includes/configure.php It says that it is a potential security rish .. Please set the right user permissions on this file.

i keep setting to READ only but it keeps switching back to READ-and write on one of them(owner) Permissions is at 644.
    What is it supposted to be at?

I also have some more questions but I will ask in another forum.

Thanks!
    Candice

Plugin Contributions

Mmm? Sorry, but hosting php sites with PowWeb is a bit more problematic than that. PowWeb run PHP as a cgi executable. Each script is auto-installed, and the auto-install adds a reference to the cgi-bin to each root level file.

Also, as far as I am aware, your site has to be installed in a folder called 'catalog' and cannot be installed into the root of the web. Did you have to install it into a folder called 'catalog' - I'd be interested to know.

Vger

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Candice
    I am having an issues with one of the files /includes/configure.php It says that it is a potential security rish .. Please set the right user permissions on this file.

i keep setting to READ only but it keeps switching back to READ-and write on one of them(owner) Permissions is at 644.
    What is it supposted to be at?
    644 is fine for some sites. It's possible that powweb wants it to be 444.
    It's also possible that they won't let you set it to 444 via FTP and instead you'll have to use their hosting control panel's "file manager" to change the permissions setting.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

These are the two best settings that should typically be set on:

- FTP Web Folder: 755.
    - FTP Web Files: 644.

Never put full writing access under if you're operating a web site under Windows Server (no matter which version or built you might actually be using right now).

Since this is a Windows Server section, there are actually no file manager that can handle this type of settings - since this is only available under a linux OS.

However, if you're experiencing difficulties with your site permissions, you can always send a support ticket to your web hosting service in order, for them, to resolve this problem quickly.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    Mmm? Sorry, but hosting php sites with PowWeb is a bit more problematic than that. PowWeb run PHP as a cgi executable. Each script is auto-installed, and the auto-install adds a reference to the cgi-bin to each root level file.

Also, as far as I am aware, your site has to be installed in a folder called 'catalog' and cannot be installed into the root of the web. Did you have to install it into a folder called 'catalog' - I'd be interested to know.

Vger
    your right powweb dose run a a gui script, you can how ever install into the htdocs directory. when seting up your database chose create new db,
    if you are installing manualy the database is not located at the 'localhost'
    it is located on its own domain usualy (mysql01.powweb.com )and you will put this in place of localhost in order to atatch to your database.

ive noticed that in the php.ini file i had to raise the memory per php script to 20M to speed it up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12