Plugin Contributions

Internal Server Error error 500

Hi,i'm new user of ZC ,but i like it and tried to install it to my home server witch i have for test purposes. It includes apache 2.2.2 ,php 5 and mysql 4.0.18. Thats my home server. ZC works fine there.
    After testing and configuring and getting fammiliar with ZC i tried to install it from the begining to my webserver, and then uploading the additional files i needed. So i uploaded it installed it and everything was fine. My webserver is in linux with mysql 4.0.25-standard , with php 4.1.2 (i know it's not supported by ZC but i tried installing it by changing the 4.0.2 permision to false in the zc_install\includes\modules\pages\inspect\header_php.php (line 395) folder,and finaly made it)The ZC version is the latest 1.3.0.1

As i said it worked fine, the admin section and the main shop. But then i realised that when i try to buy something as a user that is not added to the shopping cart and gives an 500 error.

Then i tried to install a older version (zen-cart-1-2-7-d_full-release_bugsecurityfix) and it also gave an error in the first installation page but it continued.I didnt change anything. I did installed it and tried the shopping cart module, but the same sh*t. Internal Server Error.

So i looked in my error log and it shows that in both installations:
    [Sun Jun 4 16:14:13 2006] [error] [client MY-IP] File does not exist: /home/*****/public_html/500.shtml
    [Sun Jun 4 16:14:13 2006] [error] [client MY-IP] Premature end of script headers: /home/*****/public_html/eshop/index.php

the link for ZC 1.3.0.1 is http://www.*****.gr/eshop/
    and the one for 1.2.7.d is http://www.*****.gr/e-shop/

The case is database , file , and the case folder path is correct and chmd 777.
    I have made the installation several times and nothing helped.

I have tried everything from the older posts in the past 2 days but couldnt find a sollution. So if anyone can help me i will appreciate it.

**edit: i forgot to mention that if the shoping cart is empty it shows.when there is a new product added it returns a 500 error
    Last edited by makismakana; 4 Jun 2006 at 02:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Internal Server Error error 500

(i know it's not supported by ZC but i tried installing it by changing the 4.0.2 permision to false in the zc_install\includes\modules\pages\inspect\header_p hp.php (line 395)
    Ummm, there is a good reason for the warning. Firstly php4.1.2 has some specific bugs that mean it will not work with Zen Cart. Secondly versions of Zen Cart after 1.3.0 expect php 4.3.x or greater.

Your only option is to get your host to upgrade their PHP version.

Plugin Contributions

yeah but even the older version doesn't work.

do you know where i can find an older version of ZC to test if it works on my host?

Plugin Contributions

Make sure to modify your CHMOD settings from your cPanel's file manager and NOT from your FTP - by following Zen Cart's installation / upgrade instructions from the docs folder and / or by following the FAQs from this site.

FTP permissions might sometimes cause you some trouble for an unknown reason.

Plugin Contributions

i did it both ways several times. And deleteed and reinstalled ZC several times...

Plugin Contributions

The case is database , file , and the case folder path is correct and chmd 777.
    I have made the installation several times and nothing helped.
    Assuming you did followed the installation instructions from the docs folder of the package you just downloaded, (current: Zen Cart v1.3.0.1), did you also considered to try CHMOD 755 as well ? Some providers might simply be more severe regarding file permissions access.

Note: Stay focus on your cPanel's file manager access and not over FTP. Some cases has already been posted on the forum in the past regarding different results of CHMOD settings from these two subjects.

Plugin Contributions

no it's not that, i just tested it, and it doesnt work.

but i wanted to tell the one who deleted some of my sql tables that he is very funny, i will be laughing till tomorrow. I didn't know that the forum is for people to test their hacking skills.
    nevermind i'm droping that, maybe i'll install it another time when they will update the php. cause i think thats the problem, it doesn't create $season , or they have php installed as a module.
    Thanks for trying to help me.

Plugin Contributions

but i wanted to tell the one who deleted some of my sql tables that he is very funny, i will be laughing till tomorrow
    Unfortunately, on public forums not everyone is a nice person - there are some sad people out there whose only enjoyment in life is doing such things.

Vger