Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.Net and SSL

Good luck and happy Zenning.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    This is my first time posting a question, the topic is exactly what I came looking for! I also use Authorize and found out the need for a SSL certificate.
    So I purchased and had approved a high assurance SSL. I was having some trouble installing it (the host and designer of our new site has been no help and has just left for vacation after telling me I needed one to use the gateway) so I contacted the issuer and they confirmed that I've installed it into the CPanel correctly, so my question is, is there something that I must do in the ZenCart to make the lock show up? It is not showing up upon checkout so I've temporarily disabled the ordering.
    This am we had our business checking hacked into and ordered from, most likely from me not paying attention when ordering online. I sure don't want that to happen to my customers!
    Thank you for any help, Theresa

Plugin Contributions

I'm working with Authorize.net too, and I was just wondering the same thing...even though I haven't quite got to that point yet.

What I think you're saying is, is that the "https://your-secure-name" URL isn't showing up, but instead the regular (nonosecure) "http..." url is showing up instead, right?

If that's the case, then maybe what has to happen is that you have to find where in the .php code that the call to the URL is and change it to the secure URL.

My proposed solution seems like kind of a hack or a kludge though, and I"m surprised that after doing the install of the Authorize.net module in the ZenCart admin, that this wasn't all done for you,

Does the install of tha module ask you for the name of your secure URL?

Let me know, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

OK! I have an idea of what the problem is; I think! I don't know much about design and what a php. code is but when I generated a key for the signature, for the SSL, (remember the designer really stiffed us so I was figuring this out myself) it said "our name.com"..When we were issued this certificate they pointed out to us that www. was not in front of it. The designer did this, I'm pretty upset with her! So I just checked by putting through an order just to get to where you enter your credit card and the url says www.ourname...so this needs to be redirected somehow so when they checkout it goes to ourname.com? I have to change this in the ZenCart somewhere in the index? I'm thinking since they have already issued this certificate with that signature I have to use it that way.
    When our site was turned over to us I found out she just copied the directions from the ZenCart site and that has been our help. There has been no tutorial...zip.

Is this what you think is happening? Thank you so much, Theresa

Plugin Contributions

If the cert has been installed correctly then you need to edit the
    /includes/configure.php and the /admin/includes/configure.php file.

You need to change the URL to read for HTTPS_SERVER to your url with the https and no www.

Then down lower change the line to:

define(ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', "true'

Keep a copy of both files before you edit them. In case you do something wrong. You just need to get the https://your doman name url correct and enable SSL from false to true.

Then the lock should show up.

Ray

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Ray for your help.
    I do have another question; does anyone know if the way this was set up is going to affect how traffic is driven to my site?
    The URL we had registered and gave her was www.ourname and she knew we would be using our gateway. I was told by a friend who owns his own computer company that we should make her fix it and purchase another SSL for the site.
    We are pretty disappointed and discouraged at this point. Thanks, Theresa

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa
    OK! I have an idea of what the problem is; I think! I don't know much about design and what a php. code is but when I generated a key for the signature, for the SSL, (remember the designer really stiffed us so I was figuring this out myself) it said "our name.com"..When we were issued this certificate they pointed out to us that www. was not in front of it. The designer did this, I'm pretty upset with her! So I just checked by putting through an order just to get to where you enter your credit card and the url says www.ourname...so this needs to be redirected somehow so when they checkout it goes to ourname.com? I have to change this in the ZenCart somewhere in the index? I'm thinking since they have already issued this certificate with that signature I have to use it that way.
    When our site was turned over to us I found out she just copied the directions from the ZenCart site and that has been our help. There has been no tutorial...zip.

Is this what you think is happening? Thank you so much, Theresa
    Not Sure Theresa, haven't got that far on mine yet

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this helps but I ended up having to purchase a dedicated IP address and will re-key the SSL certificate in order for it to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12