Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New User Need Help

Hi Guyz,

Sorry if this kind of topic already exist, but i'm new here and i'm new in using Zen Cart.

I just finished uploading and installing Zen Cart. I encountered some problems when i finished installing Zen Cart.

When i tried to go to the admin page of Zen Cart, this error appeared.

Warning: main(/kunden/homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/functions/compatibility.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 106

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/kunden/homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/functions/compatibility.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 106

When i also tried to go to the shop page of Zen Cart, this error appeared.

Warning: main(includes/functions/compatibility.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 79

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/functions/compatibility.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 79

From the look of these error i think they are about the same. I just followed your instructions in the new installation guide. Maybe i did something wrong? or i miss something. Do i still have to do something in order to make it work?

Please Help me guyz, i'm really new to this Zen Cart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New User Need Help

Assuming that you have gotten this far, I am guessing that the DB has been created and populated with the prequisite info.

It seems that there might be one or more files that did not upload correctly. Are you using a FTP client from your PC to upload? If so I would preserve the two files that now have specific information about your cart and just re-transfer the file package to your host.

When done reupload the preserved files to their respective locations...and these are:

includes/configure.php
    admin/includes/configure.php

FTP these to your PC before reloading and then after FTP them back to the server.

This should rule out file corruption if you are using a decent FTP client, they are not all equivalent.

hope this corrects your problem
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alias101
    Hi Guyz,

Sorry if this kind of topic already exist, but i'm new here and i'm new in using Zen Cart.

I just finished uploading and installing Zen Cart. I encountered some problems when i finished installing Zen Cart.

When i tried to go to the admin page of Zen Cart, this error appeared.

Warning: main(/kunden/homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/functions/compatibility.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 106

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/kunden/homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/functions/compatibility.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 106

When i also tried to go to the shop page of Zen Cart, this error appeared.

Warning: main(includes/functions/compatibility.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 79

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/functions/compatibility.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/13/d161596823/htdocs/costarica/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 79

From the look of these error i think they are about the same. I just followed your instructions in the new installation guide. Maybe i did something wrong? or i miss something. Do i still have to do something in order to make it work?

Please Help me guyz, i'm really new to this Zen Cart
    This looks to me like a faulty upload of files. When you unzip and upload the files to your web host (1&1 in this case) you are uploading almost 2,000 files. I have never yet done this without some failing, so I check my FTP results very carefully and reupload those that failed. At the very least, re-upload includes/functions/compatibility.php and see if that moves you forward.

As an aside, because of the way 1&1 configures its shared hosting i.e. php is run as a script and MySQL databases are remote from the server on which your Zen Cart is hosted, a Zen Cart with a reasonable number of products or hits will run like a dog. It's a conveneient environment for development and small shops, but if you get serious, you may want to look at one of the hosts that is specifically configured for hosting Zen Carts.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I'm using CuteFTP program to upload my files to the server. Is this a good FTP tool? If not, got any suggestions?

I'll try and upload again the files that you have mentioned. Thanx for the help guyz.

Plugin Contributions

Uhm... well guyz... I did wat you suggested. Still, the same problem occurred.

Is it possible to remove Zen Cart from the server and then re-install it again?
    If do so, How is it done?

Plugin Contributions

I had to re-install mine several times. Kept making an error and did not know what it was. I just deleted the entire folder of ZC files except for zc-install and then reran the install.

Plugin Contributions

Might want to look at a different FTP client- I use FileZilla

Plugin Contributions

Not familar with CuteFTP. This is another vote for FileZilla.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

My money's on FileZilla too.

(sorry for clutter - best windoze FTP I've used - the least transfer errors)

Chris
    If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough...

Plugin Contributions

From kuroi:
    As an aside, because of the way 1&1 configures its shared hosting i.e. php is run as a script and MySQL databases are remote from the server on which your Zen Cart is hosted, a Zen Cart with a reasonable number of products or hits will run like a dog. It's a conveneient environment for development and small shops, but if you get serious, you may want to look at one of the hosts that is specifically configured for hosting Zen Carts.
    Can you give me some hosting company or hosts that is compatible with the Zen Cart?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast