Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Google Mapinator

Hi,
    This is my first solo contrib so I hope you like it.

This contrib basically lets you have a maps.google.com powered fully functional map based on your shop's geo coordinates. All editable from the admin too.

Thanks must go to Zen Cart for their cool system that allows easy integration of external code.

A working example of the code is at http://www.tonypeakecaravansales.co....age=contact_us

if the attachment doesn't work then you can get it from http://www.phoenixwebdevelopment.co....or_contrib.zip

Hope you like this.. I've had fun getting it to work. :)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Google Mapinator

Thanks for the efforts of making a new contrib ...

Do note, that there is a Downloads section for Contributions in the menu at the top of your screen ... thanks!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry,
    I've added it to that too.. Have been away from the site for a little while and last time there was trouble with the contribs section, hence putting it here too.

Actually, I just want someone else to try and see if it works to make sure my efforts are not in vain. btw.. the site where it is is still in development for a customer of mine... I'm sure he won't mind thi :)

regards,

Graham (snorkpants)

Plugin Contributions

We just got the downloads up recently ... so ... always something new ...

Looks neat ... thanks again
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi snorkpants,

thanks for the cool contrib.
    Just one thing i noticed:
    You forgot the PHP-tags around the comments in jscript_googlemapinator.php .

ciao

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that Ivan02. I added the comments afterwards...duh! ( it was late too ;) )

I have updated the code as well made a couple of improvements to the instructions which were a little sketchy tbh.

I have uploaded it to the contribs section just now and it's waiting approval. Until then you can get it from http://www.phoenixwebdevelopment.co....11_contrib.zip

Regards,

Graham.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by snorkpants
    Actually, I just want someone else to try and see if it works to make sure my efforts are not in vain. btw.. the site where it is is still in development for a customer of mine... I'm sure he won't mind thi :)
    How about if the Dev team put up a "Contributions Beta Testing" section in Downloads area? Then when the mod author feels it is ready for prime-time the author mod can upload a "for production" version to the regular downloads area. This would solve all the multiple mod revision attachments scattered throughout the contributions forum threads and also help in mod QC and labeling efforts (would be apparent that the mod was still beta and intended for those who wish to test). Just my $0.02.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodymon
    How about if the Dev team put up a "Contributions Beta Testing" section in Downloads area?....

Woody
    That's a great idea. Do you think any mod authors would be interested in some "live server" development space too? That could offer a bit of live front-end testing from non-coders who still want to help out.

Graham.

Plugin Contributions

That's a great idea. Do you think any mod authors would be interested in some "live server" development space too? That could offer a bit of live front-end testing from non-coders who still want to help out.
    Hi Graham-

I did not mean to upsurp your mod support thread with a new discussion topic. I just posted my recommend in a new thread in Support Site Issues & Questions forum. See http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37758

Woody

Plugin Contributions

A working example of the code is at http://www.tonypeakecaravansales.co....age=contact_us
    Very cool. Checking the demo it works for me in my IE6 but not Firefox 1.5.0.4. I've disabled firefox Adblock extension and demo site still does not display map (although I can see google.com connection attempts in Firefox browser bottom info/status bar). I have JavaScript enabled. I see Address and Telephone links and map copyright in box where map should appear. But no map.

Woody

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast