Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Quote Originally Posted by Keremel
    Ok I give up. How do you change the sales message and welcome message.

Stewart
    How do I Change the Sales message or Tagline
    To change the “sales message goes here” or “Tagline Here” text to say what you want open the includes/languages/ENGLISH/header.php file in your code editor. Find the following line of code:
    define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'TagLine Here');
    Replace the tagline text with your own text, making sure that the single quote marks are not left out.

How do I Change the Welcome Guest Message
    If you want to eliminate “Welcome Guest!” Would you like to log yourself in?” message completely, turn off the Customer Greeting in your Admin -> Configuration -> Layout settings -> Customer Greeting -> Show on Index Page and set to 0.
    If you want to replace this message with one of your own, start your text editor and open the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file and locate these lines of code
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s">log yourself in</a>?');
    } else {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.');
    }
    define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Hello <span class="greetUser">%s</span>!');
    As you can see, there are two Welcome messages depending upon whether you wish you Zen Cart to be a fully functioning store, or just a showroom. Edit the message starting from the word “Welcome” but be careful not to change the text in angled brackets, or the brackets themselves. Make sure that the single quote marks are not left out. If you want to include an apostrophe in your text e.g. “Lucy's Store”, you will need to put an escape character before the apostrophe, i.e. “Lucy\'s Store”.

How do I Change the Congratulations! Message?
    If you want to change the Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™; E-Commerce Solution? Text with your own open the includes/languages/ENGLISH/index.php file and find the following code:
    // This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
    /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
    /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    }
    Replace the text starting “Congratulations” with your own text. Make sure that the single quote marks are not left out, save the file and upload to your server.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Hey everyone! As you can probably see I'm new to ZC and this is my first shopping cart experience. I just wanted to know what credit card processing companies you can use with ZC? I've looked in the payment modules and is that it? My client uses Innovative Merchant Solutions and they want to stick with it (they're switching hosting companies). I wasn't sure you can pick the one you wanted or what they had in the module you had to use.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Welcome to Zen Cart.

There are a few additional contributed payment modules available here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...ex&cPath=40_48

It may be necessary to write one for the merchant in question. You could post an ad in the Commercial Help Wanted section to hire someone to write such a mod if needed.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Hey I think it's a great idea to start a ZEN GUIDE for new zenners.

An idea I'd like to contribute to you is that maybe you should consider adding a "GOING LIVE CHECKLIST".

Maybe a run-through, or a 'checklist' for new zenners to check before they actually go live with their site.

I wish I could find one right now! It would be a great way to make sure that I've got everything covered.

www.everythinglebanon.com/shop TEST SITE

Plugin Contributions

Did you look in the FAQs?

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone, I am brand new to Zen - well sort off, I had a web designer get me as far as i am now. Due to differences of opinion, we are not working together anymore. I want to know how to change some of the aspects of my template, I have no clue how to access any "behind the scenes" parts of the site, thank god I have the admin part down.

I want to change some aspects of my template design, like colors, the header design. Can anybody walk be through the basics here - I hear people talking about modifying lines of code, I don't even know where the code is acessed from!

Any help would be greatfully appreciated

here is what I have so far http://www.apostle.com

Plugin Contributions

Get thee to FireFox!
    Seriously, get a copy of FireFox with the Web Developer's and HTML Validator extensions. This will "show you the way" when you really need to know what's happening. For example, some of your hovers are not working due to a misspelling of the word hover on line 44 of the colors.css.
    It may surprise you to even know that you have a colors.css. Did me. AND... It may be doing weird things to the site as I don't immediately see where it's called.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by christayah
    An idea I'd like to contribute to you is that maybe you should consider adding a "GOING LIVE CHECKLIST".

Maybe a run-through, or a 'checklist' for new zenners to check before they actually go live with their site.

I wish I could find one right now! It would be a great way to make sure that I've got everything covered.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...etup_Checklist

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I want to change some stuff on my template design, like colors, the header design. Can anybody walk be through the basics here - I hear people talking about modifying lines of code, WHERE IS THE CODE LOCATED? - i HAVE FF WITH THE DEVELOPERS kit - I am probably the most clueless zenner in here, can some tell me where the code is edited from or where it is at????

Plugin Contributions

with Firefox and the Web Developer's toolkit, you can click on edit css in the web toolbar. There you can change your colors, etc. that are not graphics. Graphics will need to be changed outside the cart and re-inserted. Wording or code that you want to change can be found in the admin control panel using the tools menu and the designer's toolkit under it. Use the last item on the list and select all for the search area. It will tell you what file(s) you need to edit.

Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast