Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong but, doesn't downloads.php check to make sure the order is not pending or some other status other than delivered?

Once funds are collected the status of the download is changed and I think the file is not available till then.

Way too late to do full research so you get a 50/50 guarantee. Fifty feet or fifty seconds.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, DB and Woodyman! I will check again.

The upgrade also has to do with time. I am on limited time with a toddler to watch. If I am lucky, I have two hours during her nap and maybe a couple at night, if I can outlast her. But I am determined to work on this today provided she naps like she should. (crossing fingers)

Marci

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe
    I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong but, doesn't downloads.php check to make sure the order is not pending or some other status other than delivered?Once funds are collected the status of the download is changed and I think the file is not available till then.
    You are correct. This is how Zen Cart works by defualt.

My comments were with the understanding that payment was already approved (or item is a free download).

Plugin Contributions

How do you change the text on the homepage: Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.

As well as Sales Message Goes Here
    Cheers

Plugin Contributions

How do I change the "sales message goes here"/"TagLine Here" text?

In order to add your own "sales text", changes will have to be made in includes -> languages -> English (or YOUR LANGUAGE) -> header.php.
    Open the file in a text editor and find the following line of code:

define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'TagLine Here');

Make your changes to the text highlighted in red. Save the file and copy it to the includes -> languages -> English (or YOUR LANGUAGE) -> YOUR_TEMPLATE folder and upload it to your server.

--------------

How do I change Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution?

look in includes -> languages -> english -> index.php and find this:

// This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
    /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
    /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');
    }

change the portions in red to whatever you want.

Plugin Contributions

how to you locate languages -> English (or YOUR LANGUAGE) -> header.php.

sorry im not the best at zencart

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones
    How do I change the "sales message goes here"/"TagLine Here" text?

In order to add your own "sales text", changes will have to be made in includes -> languages -> English (or YOUR LANGUAGE) -> header.php.
    Open the file in a text editor and find the following line of code:

define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'TagLine Here');

Make your changes to the text highlighted in red. Save the file and copy it to the includes -> languages -> English (or YOUR LANGUAGE) -> YOUR_TEMPLATE folder and upload it to your server.

--------------

How do I change Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution?

look in includes -> languages -> english -> index.php and find this:

// This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
    /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
    /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    }

change the portions in red to whatever you want.

How exactly do i do that?? Daniel

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by personalisedpresent
    How exactly do i do that?? Daniel
    I'm having a hard time finding include too

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

the files are in your website ... you uploaded them once by FTP already:

/includes/languages/........ etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

hello...hope the work is going well

please please please let people know the developers tool kit exists and how to use it...I didnt know about it and wish I had....to be honest I didnt consider myself a developer at the start of zencart so stayed away from it...but it shoud really be called "users tool kit"

for those reading this thread that didnt know - the developers tool kit tells you where any phrase or piece of code is amongst all your zc files - its a really useful search tool and its in admin under

tools>developers tool kit

please use this if you need to find anything you see written on your zc website such as "sales message goes here" - it will tell you which file to go to to make your changes

in the input box at the bottom "look up all files" type in the exact phrase that you need to find and change....

next in the dropdown box beside that select "catalog" (once you get used to zc you will know if you need to search just the admin, catalog or both - most of the time it will be just the catalog)

click search

all files with the phrase you need will be displayed including the occurance of your phrase

please learn to use this tool as you will find that alot of the time it will save you hours of forum searching

the other main thing I still have trouble with and really cant get my head around after 3 zc sites and thats zones and zone definitions I just dont get how they interact with the taxes stuff and then whether it should be based on shipping, billing or store........any enlightenment on this area would be much appreciated

thanks bruce.. feel free to add me to your pm list of helpers

Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast