Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Also: Tools -> Developers Tool Kit - very useful for most things, but finding anything Javascript is still a hassle because, once you remove identifying details, like success.gif, they become impossible to tell apart.

I believe the next version of ZC is going to incorporate something to deal with this, along with improved functionality for tracking SQL lookups - excellent!

Plugin Contributions

Default New Zenner is mildly lost

I've read the FAQs and have a general understanding of what steps I must take to modify my page. For example: I'm trying to change the sales message. I've discovered the directions to make the change

To change the “Sales Message Goes Here” or “Tagline Here” text to say what you want open the includes/languages/english/header.php file in your text editor. Find the following line of code:

define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'Tagline Here');

Replace the tagline text with your own text, making sure that the single quote marks are not left out.

Save the edited file to includes/languages/english/custom/header.php and upload it to your server.

The problem I'm having is finding the the file. I've searched my computer files. I can't locate it on my admin page. I've tried Tools>Developer Tools Kit and Define page editor, but I can't seem to find the actual file. Please HELP!!

Plugin Contributions

Please disregard my last post. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have had Zen Cart for about a month now and am a complete newbie to online shops. I am having some problems with the real simple stuff...so at the moment I cant even visualize a complete shop!

If anyone out there can help me:

1. My 'Welcome Guest' needs to be centered plus I want to use different text, colours and wording. I have no idea how to run a text editor, nor can I find one on my computer.

2. My main page needs to be real pretty. Colours, fonts, wording all need to be centered and colourful. I can't even find this stuff!

So if you want to know what this newbie needs its:

The front page changed to suit.

To take one product and take it right through its journey to being live, online and ready to be brought.

I cant even change 'Welcome Guest would you like to log in' at the moment!

Any help would be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Quote Originally Posted by cherrytree View Post
    I have had Zen Cart for about a month now and am a complete newbie to online shops. I am having some problems with the real simple stuff...so at the moment I cant even visualize a complete shop!

If anyone out there can help me:
    Any help would be appreciated
    Answer 1) Read the fora carefully, searching out each specific topic in turn to gain your mastery of the world of Zen Cart.

Answer 2) Buy the book (see top of most pages on this site) and work through it. Should take a few weeks to get a good grasp of the essentials.

Answer 3) Patience, little grasshopper.

Hint: look as the CSS in the templates, once you've created your own template.
    "Why dumb down when we can rise up?" Worldmaker / BonDevZone Store

Plugin Contributions

I have done this act probably three times and each time I have to search and search where to remove the text "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution."

I should write this stuff down. Can someone please direct me, again?

Please and thanks!

Plugin Contributions

If there is a way to replace the dynamically generated text links in the navigation with custom buttons you have created that would be great to know.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SaMortensen View Post
    I have done this act probably three times and each time I have to search and search where to remove the text "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution."

Just head to the FAQ and search for "congratulations".
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Quote Originally Posted by SaMortensen View Post

Please and thanks!
    Yes, you should write it down.
    That was my first priority when setting up my cart, make a note of every single step throughout the process so I could search back for the one I wanted, and add my own little notes, comments. etc.

Secondly, buy the book, if you haven't already done so (see advert at the top of this page) to guide you through a lot that will mystify you.

As for editing that comment: Admin/Tools/Developers Tool Kit will help you search and find the relevant page to edit. The use your text editor or web editor like Dreamweaver to correct it.

And make a note of it...

"Why dumb down when we can rise up?" Worldmaker / BonDevZone Store

Plugin Contributions

THANKS KUORI!

I wrote this down in my Zen book, as the book does not mention where to change this so I have it on the page prior to Chapter 16 - simple customizations.

Worldmaker - yeah I have the book, but as most people will tell you, it doesn't include many of the other customizations that we need to make. Thanks for your input though.

Page 57 of 74 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast