Plugin Contributions

Default I don't have a clue

Hi i've messed around with this sortware for days now and i don't have a clue what to do,hopefully someone maybe able to help me out here.Ok is there away i can give each item a different price for shipping of even get the software for shipping set up for the fillowing costs of postage any help would be greatfully recieved before i chuck the pc out of a upstaris window

Less than 100g : £1.35
    up to 149g : £1.52
    up to 199g : £1.80
    up to 249g : £2.05
    up to 299g : £2.28
    up to 349g : £2.37
    up to 399g : £2.62
    up to 449g : £2.83
    up to 499g : £3.05
    up to 549g : £3.43
    up to 599g : £3.50
    up to 649g : £3.92
    up to 699g : £4.07
    up to 749g : £4.31
    up to 799g : £4.50
    up to 849g : £4.70
    up to 900g : £4.86
    up to 949g : £5.09
    up to 999g : £5.29
    up to 1049g : £5.49
    up to 1099g : £5.70
    over 1099g : £5.89
    over 3000g : £6.75
    over 7000g : £8.00

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I don't have a clue

This is the sort of question that would normally be answered within a few minutes. That it hasn't been is probably due to the title "I don't have a clue" which is a real turn off for people who answer questions. A title like "Help with setting up Shipping Costs" would have had the people who know about these things fighting to answer you first. It would also have indicated to other people with the same problem that they can find the answer here.

OK. Lecture over. Here's your answer ...

If you log in to Admin and on the Modules menu select Shipping you will get a page of relevant modules. Click on table rate. If you get a button that says Install click on that, otherwise click on Edit. Hopefully most of the options will prove obvious. You would then simply enter a string starting
    100:1.35,149:1.52,199:1.80,249:2.05, etc
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Sorry about that i was that mad with it i didn't have a clue ,anyway thanks for that info but i think i've just done the wrong file .I sorted my shipping out and then wanted to do the shipping info page so i copied and pasted the charges in there but i've done the wrong file.I now have all my shipping info at the top of the page,this is the file i changed Editing /home/toffees/public_html/includes/languages/english/shippinginfo.php... now can anyone just copy and paste there file here so i can put it back to normal has i don't want to start all over again.Sorry for to put my website so hopefully someone can check it out for me,it's on the shipping info page http://toffeesshop.net/
    Last edited by toffee; 10 Jun 2006 at 10:04 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry just another question can i change the weight to grams seems to be showing ib's instead of grams

Plugin Contributions

Would zen be the best software to use for someone who's never ever done anything like this or would i be better off using something else instead.I like the look of zen and from what i've been reading so do alot of others.It's just hard when your not into web designs ect,only thing i've ever done is mess around the net buying stuff and burning a few cd's.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi
    This is the sort of question that would normally be answered within a few minutes. That it hasn't been is probably due to the title "I don't have a clue" which is a real turn off for people who answer questions. A title like "Help with setting up Shipping Costs" would have had the people who know about these things fighting to answer you first. It would also have indicated to other people with the same problem that they can find the answer here.

OK. Lecture over. Here's your answer ...

If you log in to Admin and on the Modules menu select Shipping you will get a page of relevant modules. Click on table rate. If you get a button that says Install click on that, otherwise click on Edit. Hopefully most of the options will prove obvious. You would then simply enter a string starting
    Thanks for all that help m8,i've gone right through them all and sorted that little problem.The problem i've got now is because my weights are in grams have you any idea how i should change the weights so i get the grams reading

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by toffee
    Thanks for all that help m8,i've gone right through them all and sorted that little problem.The problem i've got now is because my weights are in grams have you any idea how i should change the weights so i get the grams reading
    I'd recommend putting new questions into new threads (which will also move you away from the unfortunate title for this thread and hopefully attract quicker answers from other people).

It's also worth a quick search (using the search box top leaft) to see if there's an instant answer available. in this case I happen to know that your question was answered here yesterday . Rather than me repeating it here, I recommend looking at the 2nd entry in that thread.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by toffee
    Would zen be the best software to use for someone who's never ever done anything like this or would i be better off using something else instead.I like the look of zen and from what i've been reading so do alot of others.It's just hard when your not into web designs ect,only thing i've ever done is mess around the net buying stuff and burning a few cd's.
    I've had a quick look at your site again, and you're clearly gaining in knowledge and confidence. Zen Cart isn't the easiest to start with, but it is very powerful and lot's of fun to work with once you get past the initial learning stage. There are easier systems, especially if your willing to pay out a few hundred dollars, but personally, I love this one.

A further recommendation. Your images need optimising. The thumbnails on your front page should be ideally 4-6k in size. Yours are 400-600k and load very, very slowly. It would be worth reading this tutorial or installing Image Handler