Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Problems after upgrade to 1.3.0.1

Hi all, I just upgraded my zen cart 1.3.0 to 1.3.0.1 today. And I met with several problems after the upgrade. So if anyone could help me out, I would very much appreciate it.

1) I cannot change the admin folder to some other name. Previously in 1.3.0, I could change this folder without getting an error telling me that the page does not exist. It's not too much of an inconvenience except that I wanted to play it safe (with the wiki giving advice on safety measures...one of which is to change the admin folder name to something else).

2) Check out does not proceed beyond step 1. The page loads fine but after click on the checkout button, it just remains at the same page without any further changes (i.e. only the comment box and address is seen other than the check out page sample text). I saw that some other people had this problem as well but there doesn't seem to be a solution available yet.

I just started exploring Zen Cart three days ago so I'm still quite unfamiliar with somethings, namely how to use the shipping and payment modules. So far, I have set payment to COD and shipping to store pick up. I also installed Paypal and Check because I wanted to see if I could check out after installing these two modules. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems after upgrade to 1.3.0.1

Ok, I deleted all the files and reuploaded 1.3.0.1.

Initially, I didn't set the SSL configuration as I wasn't too sure about SSL on my server. But after that, I decided to just created the private key, signing request cert and cert. Then I changed the configure.php files to enable SSL. Is that all I have to change?

I still have the problem with being unable to check out. Except that now, I get a 'page does not exist' error message rather than have the page reloading every time I click the check out button. The first time I clicked the check out button after enabling SSL, I got the box asking me about SSL certs (standard message you get for secure sites). But after that, I got the 'page does not exist' error and subsequent reloading of the checkout_shipping page lands me at the 'page does not exist' error as well.

The payment module that I have selected is COD (with the zone set as Singapore and tax rate also set for the zone) and the shipping module selected is flat rate shipping (zone also set to Singapore with everything else left the same). Oh, except for both the payment module and shipping module, I set the sort order as 1 rather than 0 (does setting it as 0 mean it is switched off?).

If anyone could please please please help me, I would be really really really grateful (yes I am very desperate for help now...haha). Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL to your site that we could peek at to see what is up?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

http://shop.rodex.com

That is the URL for the shop. The folder is under public_html on the server for http://www.rodex.com.

Plugin Contributions

If you just turn off the secure in the /includes/configure.php
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');
    Does the problem go away?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You are using a shared ssl, the address of which is gold.host-care.com

You don't have a full ssl installed yet.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Originally, the SSL was disabled (I left it as false during the initial set up). And the checkout process would get stuck at step 1. Every time the check out button is clicked, the page would just reload and no payment options will be loaded.

Plugin Contributions

Vger: Sorry for asking this really dumb question but...how do I get a full SSL? I used an SSL manager in my site control panel to create the private key, cert and signing request cert.

Plugin Contributions

1 you need to fix the secure certificate and or settings in the configure.php

2 you need to fix what Shipping Modules are installed and configure how they work ...

To fix 2 ... need to fix 1 so we can see what's up with shipping ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

How do I go about fixing 1? I've just set the SSL back to false.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast