Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems after upgrade to 1.3.0.1

Check it out now. I've only tested as far as hitting the Checkout button, but that correctly takes me to the Create Account/Login page.

Using your hosting control panel to create a certificate is not going to be of any benefit to you - because this is what is called a 'self-signed' certificate - issued by your website and to your website. It's not a 'trusted' cert and will tell all users that it's not trusted. You need a cert which is issued to your website, but issued by a trusted provider such as Thawte, Verisign, Geotrust etc.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies Vger and Ajeh.

There is no problem getting to the login page after clicking on the check out button. The problem comes in when the site tries to process the order for shipping. By clicking the checkout button again to get to step 2, if SSL is enabled I get a 'page does not exist' error and if SSL is disabled the page just reloads without displaying payment methods.

Another question, is SSL absolutely necessary for the operation of the online shop?

To be more specific, the page that has the problem is:

http://shop.rodex.com/index.php?main...ckout_shipping

I am going offline soon but if you could still help me out, I would very much appreciate it.
    Last edited by Tammy_Goh; 10 Jun 2006 at 05:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

With regard to the shipping module question, please check that all your folders have permissions of 755 e.g. includes/modules/shipping/

Without the correct permissions none of the files inside can be read.

Also make sure that you have installed the shipping modules you wish to use in your admin panel.

Personally I would never buy off a site which did not encrypt my user login and password and account details, as well as the checkout process. Full (trusted) ssl certs are so cheap these days ($20-30 a year) hat there's really no excuse for not having one. But mosts hosts also provide a 'trusted' shared ssl which is also acceptable.

Vger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy_Goh
    Thanks for the reply Vger. There is no problem getting to the login page after clicking on the check out button. The problem comes in when the site tries to process the order for shipping. By clicking the checkout button again to get to step 2, if SSL is enabled I get a 'page does not exist' error and if SSL is disabled the page just reloads without displaying payment methods.

Another question, is SSL absolutely necessary for the operation of the online shop?

Plugin Contributions

All permissions on the shipping and pages folders are set to 755. The shipping folder was set to 755 before. But it still doesn't solve the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I can see the problem now. I've seen this happen before - and when it does it's usually because the shipping module has not been correctly set up in your admin panel. Only last week I dealt with a site which used USPS as their shipping option, had the same problem as you, and it simply was not set up correctly in the admin panel.

p.s. You can delete customer Eliza Dolittle now.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Could you please point me to a tutorial for setting up the shipping configuration then? The wiki doesn't seem to help very much in this area. Thanks.

edit: Eh. I went to activate as many of the options as possible. haha. And it worked. I think I had to set the zone.

Thanks for all your help. :)
    Last edited by Tammy_Goh; 10 Jun 2006 at 05:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12