Plugin Contributions

Default Installed language pack - header not displaying well

Not sure if this is the right area for this question...

I have just installed a language pack (Japanese) on my test site <http://english.globalpeace.jp/store/>.

I am not sure why, but the header logo is messed up... I get the words ‘FAVICON CODE’ in the top LH corner and the liquid center section is out of whack...

I don’t understand why it is messed up as all I did was install language packs... When I click on the English button, it appears to work fine.

Can anyone help out with this?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installed language pack - header not displaying well

I have just tested things on Internet Explorer (Win), FireFox (Win & Mac) and Opera (Mac) and all display the same problem. However in Safari, everything displays fine...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FAVICON CODE

This is defined in the /includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php
    Chances are your japanese language pack is not fully current, so is missing this and other definitions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, it is a pre-release version for 1.3... Would that be causing the liquid area of the header to scrunch up too?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes.

Your custom code in templates/common/html_header.php is not finding a japanese definition for FAVICON_CODE.

The display of FAVICON_CODE text on the screen is pushing the line down by the same distance as the text.

Your favicon modifications are not the same as what is in a standard v1.3.x installation:

html_header.php is normally this:
    PHP Code:
    <?php if (defined('FAVICON')) { ?>
    <link rel="icon" href="<?php echo FAVICON?>" type="image/x-icon" />
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo FAVICON?>" type="image/x-icon" />
    <?php //endif FAVICON ?>
    and the contents of FAVICON are defined in languages/YOURLANGUAGE/meta_tags.php:
    PHP Code:
    // favicon setting
    // There is usually NO need to enable this unless you wish to specify a path and/or a different filename
    //  define('FAVICON','favicon.ico'); 
    (And you would uncomment that last line and enter the full path to your favicon.ico file to customize it, as you have currently done for your site)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much! The header is looking very good!

I opened the Japanese meta_tags.php and added the favicon code from English meta_tags.php in the appropriate place...

Plugin Contributions

Note for users that may be experiencing similar problems:

I was upgrading and added a new version of includes/languages/my_template01/japanese.php recently and the problem above occurred again. I found this thread again and began messing around with meta_tags.php but could not get it working.

After much messing around I realized I needed to copy, this piece of favicon code into the J version of includes/languages/my_template01/japanese.php:

//define('CUSTOM_KEYWORDS',DVD’s , Books ');
    // Favicon
    define('FAVICON_CODE','<link rel="icon" href="http://MY_URL.../favicon.png" type="image/x-icon" />'.
    '<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://MY_URL/favicon.png" type="image/x-icon" />');

// END: moved to meta_tags.php