Plugin Contributions

Default How to disable customer login account?

Cannot recall how to do this in admin. On customers page I see a square green box for each customer in the "Authorized" column with. Assume this indicates "authorized" to login? If I click the green button I asssumed it would change to red and disable login ability for a particular customer? But I don't see this feature is working. So is only method to highlight customer entry on customers page, click edit to view the customer details, and change status via "Customers Authorization Status" drop down? Note I don't want to remove the cutomer account but just wish to temporarily disable store logins of a particular accountname/email address. May this feature be available in a future Zen Cart admin upgrade (quick customer account disable function from the customers page). Thanks.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable customer login account?

The Authorization is based on a global setting ...

IF you require Authorization for ALL ... then you can enable and disable a customer ...

IF you do not requre Authorization for ALL ... then you cannot enable nor disable any customer ...

A work around on this to have this feature available for this type of usage would be to turn on the Authorization may browse and see prices ... and update the code to make the Authorization set to ON by default ...

Now when you need to disable the feature you can ... but not force new customers to wait when new accounts are created ...

This would require some alterations to the code that are not built into Zen Cart at this time ... but this can be done ...

I would test this out on a test site first to be sure you know just how this would work and the effects on existing customers ... before attempting this on your Live Site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable customer login account?

NOTE: expanding on the purpose(s) in which you can see the application of a "suspend" on a customer account would also help the little grey cells in contemplating additional features for these neat little switches that I am so fond of adding to Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!