Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CC payments processed, no order logged

Hi,
    In spite of over an hour spent reading and searching I cannot seem to find an exactly similar problem to mine, let alone a solution.
    My situation is simply that on two different sites using Zencart, not the same versions, we have CC payments received and validated, but no corresponding order. We work with a very reliable payment gateway with a callback system sending infos to the site even if the client does not willingly click on "Return to the site", and we could never recreate the situation ourselves or get details from a client who had placed an order we had not received. Still obviously there are cases when the CC provider's communication back with our site does not occur. We use that provider with other sites using ZC and OSCommerce and never had this happen though, only on those two sites.
    This is a major issue as we then have to track down the client through the email in the payment ticket and then ask what they ordered which does not look very professional...
    Is there a way to change that ZC behavior so that even if something goes wrong we still have the order logged before the client is redirected to the CC gateway ?
    Thank you for your consideration.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CC payments processed, no order logged

are these all hosted in the same server?
    If not find out about firewalls
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

They are on the same dedicated server but some other sites on that same server do work fine, and the difficulty is that only SOME orders create that issue. With sample orders (we tried a lot) we could never recreate it.
    I'm not sure if I can find what causes this for now, so I must find a way to change the order logic : there MUST be infos logged before the payment system calls the callback URL so that the order is logged even if things go wrong. I remember users complaining about a similar issue but could not find anything.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

No, there isnt its all session stored..

this was so that you didnt get odd or double order numbers. and you dont get a bunch of orders created and NO payment made.

Plugin Contributions

I understand the logic to want to avoid similar orders with only one or none paid for, however this hurdle is even bigger than having to delete non-paid orders as they translate into lost business.
    Actually I'd only need to duplicate the check or wire transfer payments logic to the CC payment : log infos and then take care of payment.
    Any idea if there was a contribution about such a customozation ? I seem to remember there was.

Plugin Contributions

which cc module are you using thats causing this issue

Plugin Contributions

We are using a French provider called Paybox but I'm pretty sure the issue is not their end, it occurs sometimes only with the callback, and i've heard this happen with Paypal as well as other CC providers such as 2CO and Worldpay.

Plugin Contributions

It happens with paypal when its not setup correct, or when paypal.com chokes

2co I didnt know they were still in business...LOL
    If this is working on some sites and not on others on the same server I would point towards internal settings on your site or in the paybox.com account for these accounts

Plugin Contributions

In fact we have seen that issue for months and have tried everything to solve it to no avail - we could not even see it ourselves in any case. Until we find out we must find a way for our site to log infos so that we do not lose more business, as often we end up cancelling orders for clients we have no info or order about, this is a serious issue.
    We need to change how ZC behaves until one day we hopefully find the cause.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

IF THIS WORKS on site a,
    but not on site B then you have something wrong in site B settings

better solution is to use real time processing and not have to worry about the IPN coming back.,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast