Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufacturer Sale

Could you look to see if you have any master_categories_id set in the products table?

Do you use Linked Products?

Most who import with Easy Populate need to fix the master_categories_id and the products_price_sorter ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

question about the hidden part...lol

i have my vendors in their hidden folders in the hidden cat...sales are showing and all show in the categories

however

when they click the vendor link in the sidebox it shows the path to the items as Home | HIDDEN | their name | the product name

should it do that if it is hidden or did i do something wrong:

I did:

1. make hidden cat then place it with red dot

2. made the vendor cats and they stayed with the green dots

3. copied their products into their cats

4. made all products with vendor cat as the main id # with the area at the bottom of link manager and all those products show up as green dots with the corressponding yellow dot showing they are linked

did i miss anything?

version of zen is now 1.3.9c

Plugin Contributions

On areas where the Product does not know the Category, it will pick the master_categories_id to go to ...

You might call your hidden category something like Manufactuers so that it reads well when used ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda....OMG that was just too simple...lol

I would not have thought of that at all...that would be grand to do that.

On the other site I manage where the manufacturers block will not send customers to the merchants area if they have more than 1 item for sale....do you think it might work to put them into a hidden folder like this?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Manufacturer Sale

Hi guys! First post - here goes!!

I was in the same situation as above - i.e. wanted to do a sale of varying percentages based on groups of manufacturers/brands. I followed the instructions regarding creating a new master category for the products (which could be put on sale and hidden) but worried about getting them back to their original (multiple) categories again when the sale was over.

Anyway with a bit of perserverance and a copy of "SAMS Teach Yourself MySQL in 24 hours" (and a good sprinkling of previous DB knowledge) I hobbled together the attached instructions for doing this using the MyPHPAdmin portion of CPanel.

The only thing that needs changed is the master category (48 for me is one of my "x% off" categories, and the "IN (31,10,9,15,5,12,20,21,18)" list of original categories would need to be changed to suit your manufacturer_id list.

Hope I've been of help to someone!

P.S. Why can't I upload a .txt file to the forum? Surely it would be easier than having to convert to .doc or .pdf?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Manufacturer Sale

Ooops! Sorry, I forgot!

Kudos to Linda for the help given above - my instructions are only a slight adaptation of what she provided above! Thanks a million!

Plugin Contributions

yup this hidden category thing worked great for the items we had as mystery for halloween and all I did was use the duplicate feature and give it the info needed that the "normal" one has---attributes and stuff.

the parent id is the hidden area. using the duplicate lets me rename/change price/and still leave for the future replacement download too.

or like the vendor one...I just use the copy feature to add the item to another category and leave the hidden vendors folders for main id so salemaker does the rest for sales of 1 or more vendor vs entire store.

Plugin Contributions

Not to beat a dead horse haha. But if someone could port this. We currently use this on our osCommerce site and it is probably the most used mod we access to update pricing real quick.

oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3142

This mod is AWESOME. It allows you to drop down select on a MFG and set a price wide percentage + or - to change all prices. And also it lists all products to where you can change individual prices, retail, sale or percentage.

PORT! We'll definitely donate early on this!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The Products must have their master_categories_id set to the categories_id that is on Sale ...
    for those handy with the sql (NOTE:ADVANCED USERS), you can use the following SQL script

update zen_products
    set master_categories_id = <NEW CATEGORY ID>
    where manufacturers_id = <MANUFACTURERS ID> ;

<NEW CATEGORY ID> = the categories_id that is on Sale.
    <MANUFACTURERS ID> = the manufacturers id for the manufacturer whose products you're putting on sale.

hope this saves someone some time.

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: Be careful and make sure those products have records in the products_to_categories table for that manufacturer's categories_id and that you are not just changing the master_categories_id and not having a record for the products in other tables related to products and categories ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345