Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufacturer Sale

Set the status on the top level category to OFF or RED ... this will set all subcategories and products to OFF ...

Next, go to the subcategories and turn them back on and tell it to turn on the products as well ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kelowna77 View Post
    i cant seem to find the catagory status, i know how to disable it, but then it says all linked products will be disabled and i dont think thats what you meant. So at the moment everyone can see hte hidden catagory. how do i make it so its invisible and actually hidden
    not 100% sure what you're asking and it depends what version your store currently uses. the new version will disable every product and you'll need to manually make changes before the Hidden Category will stay hidden but the products will show up in the linked categories.

there's instructions [ur=http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51007]here[/url]

HTH

Plugin Contributions

This works perfectly - thanks so much!!

Plugin Contributions

is there a way to take the new catagaory (manafacture) and make this the main catagaory for all products under it with out going thru each product and changing the main catagory.. make sense?

Plugin Contributions

Yes ...

Oh and you want to know how eh?

Peek in the Multiple Categories Link Manager ... click the C for Copy on one of the Products ... it is the button at the bottom ...

*AFTER* backing up your database incase you moof up ...

There is a section at the bottom of the categories for:
    Reset ALL Products in the selected Category to use the selected Category as the new Master Categories ID ...
    Example: Resetting Category 22 would set ALL Products in Category 22 to use Category 22 as the Master Category ID
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

cool it works thanks now i have another question... i know how to make 10% off or $15 off price etc. and also that i can set it so only something like any product over $25 is on sale. now is there a way to make everything under a catagory on sale and you get say 10% off of any products that TOTAL $25 of more. like as long as i buy $25 or more of any sale item i get 10%off but if the total is less of all products being bought it won't give the sale?
    Last edited by sirryche; 23 May 2007 at 01:18 AM.

Plugin Contributions

This is not built into Zen Cart at this time ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you this was very helpful!!
    Take scrapbooking to a whole new level - GO DIGITAL - http://www.hookedondigiscrap.com

Plugin Contributions

This is exactly what I want to do, however, when I try to turn off the category to make it hidden I get this message:

WARNING ...
    Note: Disabling a category will disable all products in this category. Linked products located in this category that are share with other categories will also be disabled.

Change the Category Status to: OFF

Change ALL Product Status to: OFF

Also when I try to link the products that isn't a choice, the box is either green or red, it's not turning yellow as it says at the top for linked.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

you could try setting up the category and disabling it before you link any products into it. or if the products are disabled just re-enable them.

to link a product you need to click on the blue C in the Categories / Products listing. choose the Category that you want to link the product into from the drop down box and make sure that the Link product option is checked then click Copy.

HTH

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast