Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default adding to cost attributes problem

hello there...
    Im having some issues with atributes....

I have an item, and it has a set cost for the item.

Im tring to setup an attribute that when they select one of the options from the dropdown menu, it adds to the price depending on what they want to add..

I tried to add price with prefix price +50.00 and weight +12.5. But when i go to the live site and check it, the weight is correct, but the price shows +0.00. I cant seem to figgure out how to add to the price of the item by attributes. Iv been through the attributes HOW TO, but still didnt get a solid answer..

if anyone could help that would be great.
    Thanks
    Wicked

Default Re: adding to cost attributes problem

Quote Originally Posted by wickedklown
    hello there...
    Im having some issues with atributes....

I have an item, and it has a set cost for the item.

Im tring to setup an attribute that when they select one of the options from the dropdown menu, it adds to the price depending on what they want to add..

I tried to add price with prefix price +50.00 and weight +12.5. But when i go to the live site and check it, the weight is correct, but the price shows +0.00. I cant seem to figgure out how to add to the price of the item by attributes. Iv been through the attributes HOW TO, but still didnt get a solid answer..

if anyone could help that would be great.
    Thanks
    Wicked
    Sorry for the double post, But it seems like its working when you go to checkout. It does add the price to the actualy cost of the item. But in the dropdown box it only shows +0.00 doesnt show them how much it will be to add the items to there order....

Any way to fix this? or am i doing something wrong?
    thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by wickedklown
    Sorry for the double post, But it seems like its working when you go to checkout. It does add the price to the actualy cost of the item. But in the dropdown box it only shows +0.00 doesnt show them how much it will be to add the items to there order....

Any way to fix this? or am i doing something wrong?
    thanks again
    Im almost thinking this may be a bug, or maybe something contib i have?!??
    im not sure could be that Tabproducts thing.. But when i preview the attribute it displays fine.. just not on my cart...

Plugin Contributions

In your product listing in the admin set the product to be priced by attributes first.

assuming that you have setup an option name and linked it to an option value, then in the attributes controller select the product and display you either have attributes applied to the product or will be informed that there are no attributes for this product.

normally you select an option name and then an option value in the provided boxes and the value will have in ( ) the name associated with it.

in the first price box enter the price add the next box the weight and insert. Now while still in the admin you should see the attribute and values of same that you have just added. If you do not you will not see it in the cart either and there is something that you have not done correctly.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    In your product listing in the admin set the product to be priced by attributes first.

assuming that you have setup an option name and linked it to an option value, then in the attributes controller select the product and display you either have attributes applied to the product or will be informed that there are no attributes for this product.

normally you select an option name and then an option value in the provided boxes and the value will have in ( ) the name associated with it.

in the first price box enter the price add the next box the weight and insert. Now while still in the admin you should see the attribute and values of same that you have just added. If you do not you will not see it in the cart either and there is something that you have not done correctly.

The attribute is actualy working.... it does do what i want it to... just that it dont display the price for that attribute. however you put the items in your cart, and it shows correctly...
    http://www.myrcsupply.net/index.php?...roducts_id=575

Plugin Contributions

I see not Attributes on this Product ...

What Attribute Option Type are you set to on the Option Name?

If you swtich to Classic does it work?

If you swtich to Classic does it work and rename /templates/classic to /templates/classic_HIDE does it work?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    I see not Attributes on this Product ...

What Attribute Option Type are you set to on the Option Name?

If you swtich to Classic does it work?

If you swtich to Classic does it work and rename /templates/classic to /templates/classic_HIDE does it work?
    Im using the classic template right now. iv tried just about everything.

Im sorry it wasnt present for you to see, but the attribute is active right now. I was playing with it trying to figgure out why it wasnt displaying the price. i still cant figgure it out...

Since im using the classic template should i be changing the files at all? im not sure.

any help would be great.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I think if you compare the /includes/functions/functions_prices.php and /includes/functions_general.php you will find differences between them that are blocking the pricing on the Attributes ...

Last person with this issue had added an add-on for wholesale prices and the code did not allow the Attribute prices to display properly ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

hmm, so how would i fix this? by making the changes from the first file you said to the other? or what?

It would be nice to keep my wholesale pricing together and still be able to use attributes on my items.

Thanks for your time
    Benjamin

Plugin Contributions

Well ... you could check with whoever wrote the add-on and see if they have a fix for it ...

Or, toss the add-on and have the prices display right ...

Or, get someone else to figure out the code and what is being broken because of this add-on ...

The code works correctly in Zen Cart ... but the add-on is breaking the calculations for the display ... somewhere ... the add-on needs to be fixed to work with your products so that you can get the right display prices ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast