Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Setting up automatic downloads help needed please.

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me please. I have worked out how to add products onto my shop, and some of my products will be instant download after customer has paid.

I have added the thumbnail of my pic with watermark on it for customers to see, this comes up fine when I look at site and I have read that anything that is automatically downloaded should be saved in the downloads folder, so even though I have saved it to the dowmloads folder, how do I activate it in the control panel.

My question is, how do I add the the picture for the customer to actually download (it will be saved as a zipped pdf) I cant work out where to add it.

I have another question aswell

When I look at my shop, I have got a blank image above my image, I have attached a pic of the box below. When I click on it properties, it says *****shop/images/no_picture.gif, but I dont know how to get rid of it, and how it even got there, it appeared on the other ones I have done aswell.

I am sorry if I havent explained myself properly, but I am very very new to zencart, so it is all a bit over welming, I know that I will pick it up once I have got my head around the basics.

Many Thanks in advance
    Kind Regards
    Nikki
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting up automatic downloads help needed please.

Also, I want to edit some of the pages, but I do not know what it means when they say to edit files in your curent template override directory, sorry to sound stupid, but I really do not know what it means.

Define Pages Editor for: english

Text Editor

Note: you should always edit the files located in your current template override directory, Example: /languages/english/html_includes/
    Be sure to make backups after changing your files.

Editing file:
    public_html/shop/includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic/define_checkout_success.php
    how would I create back ups of them as well?

Thanks in advance
    Nikki
    Last edited by angelicdezigns; 18 Jun 2006 at 05:09 PM. Reason: forgot something

Plugin Contributions

The 'missing' image is the default image used for categories if you don't specify one. To use your own image, first set the dimensions you want for the image in Configuration/Images. Edit the entries:

Category Icon Image Width - Product Info Pages

and

Category Icon Image Height - Product Info Pages

Create a new image at those dimensions, go to Catalogue/Categories and click the 'e' button on the right of the category you want the image to appear in. Under the category description text box is a 'Categories image' field and a browse button.

Before you upload the image, select a target location for the image file from the 'Upload to directory' menu (if you choose 'categories' they upload to images/categories).

You should find some info on setting up your store for downloads if you search the forums.

Plugin Contributions

What you are looking for is the Attributes ...

To make Attributes ... you need to setup the:

Option Name and its Option Value(s)

For example:

In Option Name Manager ...
    Option Name: Download
    Option Type: Dropdown or Radio Button

NOTE: Dropdowns with 1 Option Value will auto convert to Radio Buttons

In Option Value Manager ...
    Option Value:
    Select your new Download for the Option Name
    Call it Zipped PDF or something of meaning to you

In Attributes Controller ...
    Find your Category ...
    Find your Product ...

Select your Download for the Option Name
    Select your Zipped PDF for the Option Value
    Enter the Filename for the download

Note: filenames should Zipped files without spaces or special characters ...

Enter the number of Max Days ... Max Downloads ...

When you add this Attribute to your Product you should see a green dot next to the filename ...

If not, you either

1 have not loaded the file to the /download

2 have a typo

3 have a permissions error of some sort

Files get loaded to /download

/pub is set to 777

Payment Modules for immeditate release should be set to orders_status (Processing or Delivered) >=2 or <= 4 (Update)

Redirect should be ON for unix servers and OFF for window servers

If you are on unix and the Redirect ON is not working, then your server is not setup properly for:

1 Symbolic links

2 Not enough memory

3 Other server issues

Try turning it OFF ...

If on unix server and Redirect OFF works ... you should try to find out why you have to do this ... Redirect ON is the better setting ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much Peekay and Ajeh, I have printed those instructions off, and will crack on in a while, and hopefully will finally be able to put some things correctly on my website

I thought the hardest part was designing my images and building a website in frontpage, but I must admit, I am finding it very very hard to understand the concept of the shoping cart, I feel really stupid as I am totally self taught in frontpage and paintshop pro, and am extremely pc literate, but just cant seem to be able to get my head around the shopping cart bit.

I know when I have done a couple correctly, it will be easy, its just as a newbie there seems so many things to do, and its hard to know what order to do them in.

Once again, thanks very very much for you advice, and hopefully I wont have to pester you again.

Kindest Regards
    Nikki

Plugin Contributions

Victory. After 4 days of frustration and learning proccess and help from others "victim of zen" the http://www.jesphoto.net is is up and running.In process of setting this store I lost some hair from sratching my head - but I am not a bold yet.
    Setting up the store it is not that hard if you understand the steps to set up.
    Erros 404 - I solved on my own.
    Durring installation make shure that you have config.php set for 777 in both (admin/include) and (shop/include) or you will not have files updated correctly.
    Adding a products. Thanks to SABASTINA for step by step setup.
    1)upload files to /download/? whatever category or just dump all to download, but it could be a messy.
    2)Create Category.
    3)create product
    product name,price,mark free shipping,quanity,upload images.
    Make shure that you have "free shipping" module installed.
    Preview.You get some big red warning that you shipping is set free.Ignore.Insert.
    Under Catalog find Option Name Manager
    Add Download choose radio button.
    Under Catalog Option Value next to Download inset ZIP or PDF
    Go to Attribiutes Controler.
    In product list highlist the product and push display.
    Attribiutes setings on left should be download and right ZIP or PDF(you my have both).
    Hightlite the download and zip- to not press insert at this time.
    At the bottom (Downloadable Products) insert path to your file.
    /birds/birds01.zip -that it is mine set you do not have to put /download/?
    what I have are few different categorys and I create sub dir under download and uploaded my images to that sub dir.
    If you want to have all images in Download the for file name put /birds01.zip
    After putting file name press insert.
    If you fallow the steps and have file uploaded The In Download Manager(Catalog)
    You should see your file with green lite.
    You are done. Repeat those steps for the other images.
    Have a fun.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for that jesphoto, I really really appreciate it, I also appreciate everyones elses help, and I am sure that with these excellent instructions from you 3 kind people I MUST be able to do it, as I will be bald myself if I dont..haha.

Well done jesphoto for getting your site up and running and understanding it after only 4 days Ive been on it a week, and read the forums I dont know how many times, have printed stuff out and read it, but to no avail, but I am sure with the step by step instructions I can do it, I am not stupid, but am feeling it right now..haha

I do have one question though, I have seen it a few times but am not sure where I go to check it. When you said to make sure that I have config.php set for 777, I dont have a clue where to even look to check it is right, when you said check in admin/include and shop/include I dont know where I shoudl be looking
    It is probably really obvious, but as a newbie its sooooooooooo confusing.

I have looked through the forum for answers, but didnt really understand what they meant, so thought if I start a my own thread, I wouldnt feel to embarressed to say I dont understand something.

Thanks again kind people
    Nikki

Plugin Contributions

Just another couple of questions please,

When you say to upload the image to my downloads folder, do you mean the actual image that the customer will be downloading, the zipped version, or do I upload both of them.

Also, someone said that if I just add the picture I want the customer to download as the product image, a thumbnail will be created for it automatically, will the thumbnail be big enough for someone to pinch the image?

So sorry for the daft questions
    Kind Regards
    Nikki

Plugin Contributions

When you say to upload the image to my downloads folder, do you mean the actual image that the customer will be downloading, the zipped version, or do I upload both of them.
    Zipped version to download folder...or visitor can download your image
    set size for actual image to be shown in cart to no more than say 400 x 400 pixels
    and protect with word SAMPLE or similar
    HTH

Plugin Contributions

Thanks alot for that misty, I understand about the download folder now

Can you just confirm if I have understood the other part right please.

The image that I will have a watermark on will be the one shown in the cart, am I right in thinking that that I browse for it where it says 'products image' - then I upload it to the image directory?

Also, where exactly do I set the size for the image? Is it in images then "Category Icon Image Width/height?

I will definalty be making a donation to zencart for everyones help and advice. I really do appreciate it, and I am sure I will get it sussed now.

Thanks again
    Nikki

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast