Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded ; Lost Everything :(

I have spent most of the day trying to do this upgrade.

I have had Zen Cart 1.3.0 installed for several weeks.

After customizing my pages and getting everything pretty much the way we want it to look, we added products. All was fine until we discovered that we could not delete a product.

Checked the forum, found a note to upgrade to 1.3.0.1, then discovered that we are already at 1.3.0.2. Okay, we upgrade to that one.

Downloaded the most current version from the web site.

Backed up the database with phpMyAdmin.

Created a completely new folder, installed the newest version of ZenCart.

Used phpMyAdmin to upload the information that I had backed up.

If I do a search with phpMyAdmin, I can find the items and sample customers in the data base now that I have uploaded the data base from the back up.

I cannot see the items in the ZenCart Admin under Catalog>Categories/Products. I also do not see them in the new cart. All that I can see are the demo items that install with the new upgrade.

I know that there is a step where I am supposed to click upgrade rather than install. But, that seems to be related to the upgrading of the text and content on my template pages rather than to the products in my catalog.

I successfully moved image files from the earlier version to the newer version. These files are the same in the header on both versions so that i have my colors and the logo working. That is just a little bit of success, though.

Here is a link to the 1.3.0 version:

http://glassofsouthjersey.com/cart

Here is a link to the 1.3.0.2 version:

http://glassofsouthjersey.com/cartTwo

I have two separate data base files right now, one for each cart. I just can't seem to get the items that I exported and then uploaded to the new db file to appear.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

alexmay ... it looks like you did an Install vs an Upgrade on v1.3.0.2

If you have a backup of your good database, you can drop the tables in your v1.3.0.2 database ...

Then, load your backup copy of your good database ... and run the /zc_install and use UPGRADE and not INSTALL ...

Be sure you have good backups of your database and website and that you are using the correct database for your UPGRADE ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Just my two cents.

I think we need to put our mindset to reminding folks that they should not only backup the database BUT, the overrides as well.

It appears to me that, while some are backing things up, others are dumping their files and later wondering where their customizing went.

I'm changing my sig in hopes of helping some more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12