Plugin Contributions

Setup Shop And Admin Skip?

Hey there

I just started installing the cart, it meets the requirements of the cart, but after i go to "database setup" and enter the details correctly the mouse rotates around, making me think that something is happening but not.

After a minute or 3 it comes as a download asking me do i want to download "index.php" and thats it, and some how i managed to get pass that by reinstalling and it allowed me and said the cart was installed and when i go to admin, i cant do anything coz i didnt get to that screen nither the store setup?

and ideas on what went wrong.

cheers.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setup Shop And Admin Skip?

Mod: Moving this post to the Installation area.

Can you post a URL to your zc_install/techsupp.php ?

You might also want to check your hosting control panel to see what your server's error-log says, if anything. Sometimes it'll give you useful info...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

there is the techsupp

http://cart.freehostia.com/zc_install/techsupp.php

if you want access to the installer it self, my database name, pass etc, i can give them to you, if u need to reinstall it.

cheers

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You have other problems which will cause you headaches later if you don't resolve them:
    # PHP API Mode = cgi
    # Register Globals = ON
    # PHP Version = 4.4.0
    # PHP session.use_trans_sid = ON

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yea i know,

But if i can setup the store and the admin area, then will be able to fix problems, as im more of a html person, not a php or asp guy. so i would have problems, i will be able to get pass them after i sell this up.

and with the last post you did, i didnt get, is that what i have to fix or that is the problem you found

cheers

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

But if you don't fix those problems, you probably cannot install on this hosting server.

Try fixing with these instructions:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...-_Installation

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps your host is willing to make a couple changes to their PHP configuration?

php.ini
    Code:
    register_globals = Off
    session.use_trans_sid = 0
    and convert to running PHP as an apache module, rather than as a cgi application.

These might resolve the issues.