Plugin Contributions

Upgrading to 1.3.0.2

I have a couple of problems. First one, is that when I click on the check updates for button in the admin panel, nothing happens.

I found at that a newer version was up, so I tried to install the new files only, but when i go to <pathtoinstall>/zc_install/index.php I get a blank page. I created a new directory, unzipped the new files patch and tried to run the installer, at which point I got the blank page.

I am running this from a linux server OS: 2.4.9, PHP version: 4.3.10, MySQL: 3.23.58, HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.27 Red-Hat/Linux mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

Please advise.

Thank you, Gigi

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading to 1.3.0.2

gigi, can you post a link to your zc_install/techsupp.php ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, the blank page is likely a result of an error condition the server is encountering.
    I'd suggest digging through your hosting control panel, find your server error-log report, and post the last 50 entries here.
    That'll give us an idea of what's causing it.
    I'm suspecting a permissions problem on the files/folders...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Upgrading to 1.3.0.2

I had looked at the error log, but I couldn't see anything, perhaps you can, here are the last few lines. I attempted clicked on the link I sent you ..../zc_install/index.php right before I ran the error log. Here it is:

sh-2.05$ tail -f err*
    [Fri Jun 23 03:00:23 2006] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server www.cctv-security-cameras.com:443, client 219.163.57.171) (OpenSSL library error follows)
    [Fri Jun 23 03:00:23 2006] [error] OpenSSL: error:1408E0F4:lib(20):SSL3_GET_MESSAGE:unexpected message
    [Fri Jun 23 09:11:24 2006] [error] [client 199.227.80.38] File does not exist: /var/www/html/version.php
    [Fri Jun 23 09:11:36 2006] [error] [client 199.227.80.38] client denied by server configuration: /var/www/html/includes/version.php
    sh: uptime: command not found
    [Fri Jun 23 09:50:01 2006] [error] [client 199.227.80.38] File does not exist: /var/www/html/newcart/zc_install
    [Fri Jun 23 13:12:25 2006] [error] [client 199.227.80.38] File does not exist: /var/www/html/pagenotfound.htm
    [Fri Jun 23 13:40:38 2006] [error] [client 66.169.95.170] File does not exist: /var/www/html/favicon.ico
    [Fri Jun 23 15:34:42 2006] [error] [client 208.45.75.226] File does not exist: /var/www/html/favicon.ico
    [Fri Jun 23 15:36:31 2006] [error] [client 65.93.149.55] File does not exist: /var/www/html/favicon.ico

Hi,

I've run into the same issue - Check for Updates button actually causes the PHP intepreted to crash. Windows puts up the app crash send info dialog.

I'm running on my local test server (my Windows PC) using Apache 2.x, PHP 4.4.2 with MySql 5.x

The upgrade installation instructions are not 100% clear. So here is what I did.

1) unzipped the upgrade file

2) Copy upgrade bundle (uncompressed file structure and files) onto my zencart installation path. (c:/servers/apache2/htdocs/zencart)

3) Ran zc_install (http://localhost/zencart/zc_install)
    a) Clicked the upgrade config button
    b) Clicked the upgrade database button

Please confirm this is correct.

Please add upgrade instructions to the included install.txt file to ensure we're following the correct steps for upgrades and fresh installations with the upgraded file set.

Bob

Plugin Contributions

Bob that sounds ok to me and upgrade instructions are already there in the /docs folder.
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

THanks,
    I'll look a little closer in the /docs folder as I didn't find clear steps to follow there when I first read through them.
    The install.txt file is pretty bare of real information.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Upgrading to 1.3.0.2

Hi,

I did look at the instructions in the docs folder, but one thing is not clear to me. Do we unzip in the actual directory where we currently have our cart, or do we unzip to a separate directory, run install, compare files, and then move files over?

I unzipped everything in a different directory than where I have my actual store.

My actual store is in http://www.cctv-security-cameras.com and I unzipped the update to http://www.cctv-security-cameras.com/newcart. This is where I get the blank page.

I am now just redoing the whole thing, and installed the entire brand new version in http://www.cctv-security-cameras.com/store, but it's a pain to make all the changes I had done all over again!

Plugin Contributions

If you are going down the route of creating a new directory and installing it there then you obviously need ALL of the files uploaded to the new directory not just the changed files version.
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)