Plugin Contributions

Default Using ZenCart to give access to forum

Here's a hypothetical.

I'm in the process of building a web site for my music and I just got an idea.

Say I had a forum, like phpBB2, and I only wanted paying customers to have registering access.

Now, say a customer made their first purchase, and in the e-mail I gave them a randomly generated code for forum registration. And the code could only be used once.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using ZenCart to give access to forum

Yes, we do this all the time. We're working on this for our http://www.neopolitics.com website. We deployed our catagory-less Zen build and when a user buys a "campaign-in-a-box" product - upon Zen checkout it creates a blog account & a PHPBB account and sends them the info.

We've found keeping it simple and not generating additional accounts with their own log/pass it optimum and makes the difference in the end.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateKit
    Yes, we do this all the time. We're working on this for our http://www.neopolitics.com website. We deployed our catagory-less Zen build and when a user buys a "campaign-in-a-box" product - upon Zen checkout it creates a blog account & a PHPBB account and sends them the info.

We've found keeping it simple and not generating additional accounts with their own log/pass it optimum and makes the difference in the end.
    Thanks for replying, from looking at your web site, this sounds exactly what I want to have happen:

1) How do you get ZenCart to create an account for a different program (in this case, phpBB)?

2) It looks like your forum members are able to have their own unique name despite ZenCart creating the account? I take it this is a luxury of phpBB where the user can change his/her name at their convenience? (I haven't fully looked into the functionalities of phpBB yet, but I'm leaning towards it, since it's...you know...free!).

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking to do this same idea as well with my forum and zen-cart. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Using ZenCart to give access to forum

Yes, that is a very good idea! Has anyone received a reply about the configuration basics on setting up this type of shop?

I have seen this before but on the sight not in an email. I am not sure if it is a mod or if it comes with zen-cart itself. A random code is sent to verify the account, but those type of accounts can be a real pain in the neck.
    Rich People scream, Wealthy people whisper

www.cooltechcentral.com