Plugin Contributions

Default Photo Printing Business (Minilab)

Hello All,

This is my first post on the Zen-Cart forums. I have been looking at several Open Source shopping carts for the purpose of being able to offer Photo Printing Services to my customers. I have searched these forums a few times and did come across a few relevant posts but felt that this is not exactly what I want to do.

I wish to setup an online printing service, similar to shutterfly or ofoto, etc.

The user's would register, upload, images, be able to view these uploaded images as thumbnails (though I don't need a full featured gallery), select the print size, texture, etc. attributes for the prints (uploaded images), and place an order.

This is the bare minimal functionality that I wish to accomplish. My question is:

(How) Can I do this using Zen-Cart?

(I have already installed it).

Thank-you,

Sincerely,

Chintan Zaveri.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Photo Printing Business (Minilab)

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I don't want to spam. Just would like to evaluate Zen for the above mentioned purpose. Even if I can find out if it is possible without additional coding it will be enough inspiration to study the Zen-Cart.

Apologies again for posting so many times ...

Sincerely,

Chintan Zaveri.

Plugin Contributions

I am only a zen cart newbie (under 1 year), so I certainly don't know all the features available through zen cart, but I'm not aware of a way you could have your customers upload the pictures. Everything else seems possible through zen cart...you can have a registration with password, the different attributes and pricing, and purchasing the products. I just don't know about them uploading something versus downloading something. Our shop has files the customers buy and download.

Perhaps in conjunction with a gallery it would be possible, ie, coppermine or Photopost gallery. The photopost gallery has the capability of registering, uploading, viewing, etc. --everything you need except for the shopping cart. Perhaps there is a way to coordinate a gallery and zen cart if zen cart doesn't have a way to upload.

I will be interested in seeing a solution to this question, too.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chintan,
    I am also looking for options for printing photographs through Zen Cart. Exactly the same requirement as yours.
    But I have started this search just now.
    Since you have been looking for this since June, may I ask if you have had some success on this issue.
    I look forward to your reply.

Raunharman

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking for the same thing.

BTW you can upload images through attributes.

I got that far.

What I and the original poster really need is the thumnauling of the image or any preview at all.

I saw this http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ributes+images

Atribute image popup but I don't think that would work with an image that has just been uploaded.

Thats what I could use.