Plugin Contributions

Default IP Logging Paypal IP...

I'm using the Paypal IPN exclusively (though there are some free downloads that require no payment). The orders that pay through Paypal IPN, the 'order' history seem to be logging the IP of the paypal IPN request, not of the user making the purchase. I really need this IP because there are a few people who are reposting my stuff elsewhere. Is there a reason it's logging the Paypal IP? Is there a specific module or process that logs the IP that can be altered to log it at a different point in the purchase process so that it gets the User's IP?

I know this is Paypal's IP because When I buy off paypal myself, it's the IP I see, and initially I banned the IP, which caused the IPN's to stop returning.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IP Logging Paypal IP...

Whar version of Zen Cart are you using?

Plugin Contributions

To the best of my knowledge this affects all versions of ZC.
    On return from PayPal we get the redirect ip instead of the customer ip.
    My personal means of dealing with this are to check user tracking when I get a PayPal order and manually input the ip via phpmyadmin (user tracking maintains the correct customer ip until checkout success and order.php).
    Would be nice if we could pull the ip from the session prior to the forward to PayPal and then ignore what comes back in the redirect.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, you will now see in v1.3.x both IP Addresses ... the starting IP Address and the final ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks; I'm avoiding upgrading because it would be a major hassle for me to run an upgrade to such a completely changed system.

Plugin Contributions

Well ... don't trust the IP Address when PayPal is used ... that will always be one of PayPal's 27 various IP Addresses ...

You can try installing a test site with the current version of Zen Cart to look how the double IP Address is collected ...

I forget the exact things I did on this ...

But they are different field names so you could track the new code down and see what you would have to do to gather it for an older Zen Cart in the same manner ...

I don't recall that it was horribly complicated to add, as I needed it asap for someone and added it to Zen Cart as it is a very handy feature ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!