Plugin Contributions

Default Redemption of gift certificates

Hi,

I am trying to use the gift certificate feature in zencart and have a question.

Why would a customer who has been sent a gift certificate from someone else need to pu their credit card info in if the product they are purchasing isnt tin excess of the value of the gift certificate ?

Is there a way to fix this so if the value is greater than the gift certificate value then a further method of payment is required but if the value of the product is lett they can poceed to the checkout,

thanks
    ikhan42

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Redemption of gift certificates

Currently, there are 2 ways to redeem the Gift Certificate ...

1 Using the link in the email and either login or create an account

2 Enter the redeem code during the checkout on the checkout_payment

Note: in v1.3 you can enter the GV by itself without picking a payment method, in older versions a payment method needed to be selected to submit the page

I don't have a v1.2.7 version handy at the moment, but I do not believe that had been added to v1.2.7 yet ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am using verions 1.3.0.2 which is the current version and you have to select a payment method in this version too. I am worried that people will question why they have too give credit card information when they already have credit.

Regards
    ikhan42

Plugin Contributions

Are you using overrides or anything?

If I go to the checkout_payment ...

There is a Gift Certificate box with the redemption code input box ...

If I add the redeem code I get 2 messages:
    Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information
    Success Congratulations, you have redeemed $100.00
    Error Please select a payment method for your order.
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

The 'Zen Cart Free Charge Card' under modules/payment should work for this issue. Yes?

I have a related question:
    A customer can apply all or part of their credit balance toward product on a new order, but not
    the shipping charge. Why is this? Is it configurable somewhere to allow shipping charges to be
    "paid" for with the credit balance? Otherwise, the customer has to use their credit card.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Check the configuration of the Modules ... Order Totals ... Gift Certificates ...

There are settings on there to handle tax and shipping ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Linda!

Plugin Contributions

HI Ajeh

I have asked this question somewhere in this forum ( may be not in a good place)!.
    I have zen 1.3.7, and the queestion: GC works fine, but if a customer sends some money from his account to person B, this amount will be debited from his balance, while the receiver does not yet redeemed the money by redeeming it by link or code.
    so, suppose the receiver refuse , or does no't receive mail, etc. what can I do for the sendr? there is no managing on the balance of customers balance, and customers claim that the mail has been sent via the site to the person B.
    please help, because these weeks we got many problems in this issue and had to disable all GC because of this deficiency in de cart.
    teher is no place that we can find mails sent by the customer to the others? the redeem code generated by cart? and even managing the balance of customer? we have to login to customer account to see his balance that is no very nice action.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Guess your customer is a puppy out of luck there ...

Actually, while there isn't a full featured method on GVs to manage when odd situations happen like this ... you can cancel the one sent and manually add the money back to the customer's account ...

We will be updating the Gift Certificates in a future release to be more robust in managing things but we have to finish looking at all of the needs on this as Gift Certificates are Cash ... and we need a better trail of what happens where if we are going to allow you to easily manipulate the customer's balance, cancel GVs etc.

We don't want to have situations come up where you cancelled or deleted or something a Gift Certificate where Cash was taken and then you wiped out the customer's balance ... this would be a bad thing ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ikhan42 View Post
    I am using verions 1.3.0.2 which is the current version and you have to select a payment method in this version too. I am worried that people will question why they have too give credit card information when they already have credit.

Regards
    ikhan42
    Did you ever find a solution to this? We're having the exact same problem.